I caught up earlier today. Excellent series, and even in my limited experience it certainly felt more normal than some of the flashier series I've seen.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beaker

• junior_7178

• HazRat

• danswans

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did watch this. I found it to be different from the ‘usual’ police documentaries on the TV at the moment. It was made for BBC 3 though... I didn’t doubt whether it was real or not but it did ha

I didn't see anything that was unprofessional. I thought they portrayed the issues of policing a close knit community really well. The last episode showed the revolving justice door with the young lad and his licence conditions. Likewise with Morky or whatever his name was. I bet we can all point to a Morky character in our policing experience. Always at the forefront of problems.

Having served as an SC in those very valley’s a few years ago, I thought it was an honest portrayal of policing in this part of the world. Although, I thought the producers use of subtitles, even though everyone was speaking English a little questionable.

42 minutes ago, Jt1 said:

Having served as an SC in those very valley’s a few years ago, I thought it was an honest portrayal of policing in this part of the world. Although, I thought the producers use of subtitles, even though everyone was speaking English a little questionable.

To be fair in some cases their accents were strong enough in some cases I had difficulty understanding what they were saying.

I caught up on the final episode earlier on. Particularly after watching all three I really enjoyed the reality of it. I liked how there is focus on the community and suspects too. It is probably one of the most authentic police documentaries on TV.

Hopefully there will be further series commissioned, maybe even with different forces.

I needed the subtitles, it was near impossible to understand some of them!

There was a documentary a few years ago from my part of the world and they used subtitles for that, which I thought was odd, but I have worked with English cops who can’t understand a word from some people because of the dialect or the accent.

It is a very well put together police documentary. The family and I spend a lot of time in South Wales so don’t need the subtitles and I’m sure they are there just for dramatic effect.

But I can’t see this type of real life documentary getting past my own forces Corporate Communications Department.