Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Fedster

Police officer in race row after telling Kurdish protesters: 'Don’t tell me what to do in my own country'

Fedster

A Met Police officer who told a protester “you don’t tell me what to do in my own country" has slammed the force after being placed on restricted duties.

Full Story - Evening Standard

Daily Mail version

For those not wanting to read the links, here is the video;

So the protestors thought it was ok to verbally abuse the officer while he was doing his job, one could argue they were trying to provoke him, yet as soon as the officer says something, its we are putting a complaint in you are a disgrace.

Maybe these people should look at their own obnoxious behaviour before getting on their high horse and trying to get others into trouble.

Hypocrisy much?

• Like 3

Member Achievements

AA101

Indeed. Unfortunately this bunch of protestors are known to be among the more difficult and regularly take over the roads until physically removed.

Sent from my HTC One using the Police Community App

Member Achievements

Fedster

Overwhelmingly positive support for the officer on social media, even the DM comment section is full of support!

Member Achievements

PC Wannabe

I'm bitterly disgusted, 29 years service for what? To become the latest victim of an anti police witch hunt. Nice. 

Listen at the pathetic whiny individual shouting "that's racism, that's racism" - shut up you idiot, where did the officer use a racist word? Nowhere. This story has really made my blood boil, why aren't the protesters being prosecuted for their conduct? The 'innocent victim' who complained allegedly had to be stopped from blocking the path of an ambulance, no mention of that being investigated because it doesn't suit this racist, politically correct agenda does it?

If this officer is sacked there needs to be outcry, a petition, protests, I don't know but it needs challenging.

I've wanted to join the police from an early age and intend to when my health allows, and it takes a lot to make me think twice, but this is one of those rare stories that has really managed to put me off, more so than any other I've read I think. I can't stomach the fact that a man who has served for 29 years is being hung out to dry in the name of political correctness. Meanwhile the media glorifies criminals and their lifestyles, I feel sick.

• Like 4

Member Achievements

Jasper
3 hours ago, Fedster said:

A Met Police officer who told a protester “you don’t tell me what to do in my own country" has slammed the force after being placed on restricted duties.

Full Story - Evening Standard

Daily Mail version

For those not wanting to read the links, here is the video;

So the protestors thought it was ok to verbally abuse the officer while he was doing his job, one could argue they were trying to provoke him, yet as soon as the officer says something, its we are putting a complaint in you are a disgrace.

Maybe these people should look at their own obnoxious behaviour before getting on their high horse and trying to get others into trouble.

Hypocrisy much?

Seems a bit harsh, i must admit. Though it reinforces the point I made on the other thread, that in any conflict situation what you say or do will most likely be recorded and taken out of context and you need to be mindful of that fact, 

As the many people having a rant on tubes and busses have f I under out

Member Achievements

Yardcop

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from those demonstrators.   I'm glad it was recorded because it just shows how they intentionally goaded the officer, then when they thought they might have something on him, they can then complain.

Techie1

As the many people having a rant on tubes and busses have f I under out

I'm not sure what you are trying to say above, what does "f l under out" mean?

I presume it is a typo but not sure what it was supposed to say.

Member Achievements

Jeebs

Looks like a situation for a PSU or two, maybe a truck of TSG and water cannon for good measure.

A lot of people got very close to that officer, he would have been completely justified in moving from using his voice to CS, Baton or whatever.

As for the comment, certainly not racist. 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Rocket

Is it just me or did the policing presence at that demo look drastically under resourced? (Or at least at the head of the march around that officer who appeared to be being bullied and intimidated by the protesters)

Member Achievements

Jasper
1 hour ago, Techie1 said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say above, what does "f l under out" mean?

I presume it is a typo but not sure what it was supposed to say.

Found out,! I'm making the point that a lot of people have made inappropriate remarks and found they have been filmed doing so. The context is then somewhat lost when they are viewed with out what happen previously

I was having a heated exchange with a bloke who's pitbull had just attacked my jack Russell, and he sneaked his phone out and put it on record. I then became acutely aware that if I continued I'm the same vein I could well find myself in trouble . 

Member Achievements

mike88

It's a poor choice of words given that nationality should have nothing to do with a group of protesters being difficult and that phrase is often associated with racist morons, but at the same time it should be a non issue and he doesn't deserve to be punished, especially when he's being yelled at and sworn at by the group. I don't consider someone referring to their native country as "their country" when talking to a person from a different country as being racist. I'm sure most would agree, when I'm abroad I consider myself a guest and happily accept it's the locals country and not mine.

• Like 3

Member Achievements

PC Wannabe

I agree with Mike 88, and I was thinking earlier, if the shoe was on the other foot (an officer in another country saying that to a British person on holiday or whatever there) then I very much doubt the same sort of fuss would be made. In fact I'd be surprised if anyone batted an eyelid.

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut

But he is right, it his his country, how can stating a fact be racism? 

Those protesters need to join the PKK and make a difference if they are that bothered.

Edited by funkywingnut
  • Like 2

Member Achievements

TheCu
10 hours ago, Fedster said:

Overwhelmingly positive support for the officer on social media, even the DM comment section is full of support!

Some nice news for a change! 

Member Achievements

JulietAlpha1

I've seen colleagues say things that could be construed as racist many a time. Usually when dealing with Eastern Europeans who have been drinking and fighting in the street. Usually along the lines of, "it might be okay where you come from but over here it's not acceptable." Perfectly fair in my assessment, but film one of us and put it on SM and it's a whole different story.

Complete non-story. He could have said, "Stop acting like a bunch of tools." And they would still have complained that he was being rude and that would probably have been investigated.

It should be a condition of the complaint that if you want to submit a video/other footage as evidence of police misconduct, you can't report it to the media until the end of the investigation. If they do, the complaint is closed NFA because the public response will effect the outcome.

Member Achievements

There are 10 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David