Rookies Season 2

Klaus

I was disappointed. Thought it was going to be about training. But in hindsight the public probably don't care about that so they wouldn't focus on that.

• Global Moderators

I too hoped the same when I first heard of the shows inception but realised that it mainly covered there 10/15 week tutoring stages.

Have you seen @Eddzz!! Blog that goes through training for the Police Officer role. It's a fascinating insight into what to expect and one I greatly recommend.

Edited by XA84
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Prae said:

I do have to say though that from a force who only has been taking internal candidates I am shocked at just how new those newbies were!

Did the programme say that it was internal candidates only?

2 hours ago, Indiana Jones said:

I don't think it did. It said there were 36 in their class. It also generally added that joining the police is a lot tougher in the modern day. 

No they were a mix for Surrey. I meant my force has only been taking internals which is why I was shocked by how slow the guys in the program were to progress.

Not their fault of course just something I'm not used to seeing now.

I agree, seeing their training periods, Self defence, roleplaying etc would have been really interesting.

If i'm not mistaken a police documentary on BBC iPlayer had one episode dedicated to just that, can't recall what it was though!

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

• Admin Team
I agree, seeing their training periods, Self defence, roleplaying etc would have been really interesting.

If i'm not mistaken a police documentary on BBC iPlayer had one episode dedicated to just that, can't recall what it was though!

Could it be The Specials?

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 17:02, Klaus said:

I'm reliably informed there's in fact two!

Hopefully one of them wasn't the lad sporting bum-fluff at his attestation!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XA84 said:

I too hoped the same when I first heard of the shows inception but realised that it mainly covered there 10/15 week tutoring stages.

Have you seen @Eddzz!! Blog that goes through training for the Police Officer role. It's a fascinating insight into what to expect and one I greatly recommend.

I know, I know - I need to write the second installment that I promised! :P 

• Like 3

Wait for them to reply, not our position to as could potentially open them to scrutiny etc

• Like 3