Tonyholbury

I joined this forum for one reason, I am nearly 64 years old, in my youth I respected the police and supported you

During lockdown I was disgusted by what was shown on social media, the police acting like bullies and harrasing and arresting the elderly, Yes Dorsets finest THIS MEANS YOU.

The policies enacted by the GOV were total BULL, masks made no sense, like erecting a chain link fence to keep out mosquitos, forcing people to take the jabs was against every principle pf medicine and against the 1947 act from the Neuremberg Trials, am act that came from people being force to take experimental medication and treatments.

History has shown the Jabs to be Dangerous, killing and maiming more people then any other jabs put together.

History will also show how the modern police force (sorry snowflakes SERVICE) is now totally useless, cannot catch its own backside with both hands, has turned into a narrow minded snooping service for the GOV and is more interested in social media and car drivers then catching Thieves and vandals which was the remit originally intended by Sir Robert Peek.

PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY

You do not need new laws to get protesters off a road THEY ARE ONSTRUCTING THE KINGS HIGHWAY

In case you think I hate coppers

In Memorium

Constable JOHN SNOW (The snowman to us locals, Pilands Estate Bobby)

And Sargent RAY SMOUT (Smouty to us locals, Hamble and Netley Bobby)

I say in Memorium as both are probably long gone and missed by all

REAL DECENT COPPERS!

8 hours ago, Tonyholbury said:

I joined this forum for one reason, I am nearly 64 years old, in my youth I respected the police and supported you

During lockdown I was disgusted by what was shown on social media, the police acting like bullies and harrasing and arresting the elderly, Yes Dorsets finest THIS MEANS YOU.

The policies enacted by the GOV were total BULL, masks made no sense, like erecting a chain link fence to keep out mosquitos, forcing people to take the jabs was against every principle pf medicine and against the 1947 act from the Neuremberg Trials, am act that came from people being force to take experimental medication and treatments.

History has shown the Jabs to be Dangerous, killing and maiming more people then any other jabs put together.

History will also show how the modern police force (sorry snowflakes SERVICE) is now totally useless, cannot catch its own backside with both hands, has turned into a narrow minded snooping service for the GOV and is more interested in social media and car drivers then catching Thieves and vandals which was the remit originally intended by Sir Robert Peek.

You do not need new laws to get protesters off a road THEY ARE ONSTRUCTING THE KINGS HIGHWAY

In Memorium

REAL DECENT COPPERS!

Despite having a suspicion that you're a troll. Have a read of this, come back and tell me what you think. Then we'll chat.

https://freedomnews.org.uk/2021/09/07/the-ziegler-case-what-does-it-mean-for-direct-action/#:~:text=Section 137 of the Highways Act states that a person,” (emphasis our own).

9 hours ago, Tonyholbury said:

I was a bit uncomfortable with how the police acted during lockdown. I appreciate there was a national emergency requiring some fairly unprecedented steps, but stuff like a chief constable threatening to inspect peoples shopping bags, or fining someone meeting their friend in the park for a coffee was going too far in my opinion. It felt like some officers were enjoying the power a bit too much. Though it should be said I only saw or read about maybe 10-20 incidents where I felt that way, which is quite a low number when you consider how many police officers there are across the country. Enforcement of the lockdown seemed to vary depending on which part of the country you were in, some forces were very strict and others took a more liberal approach. Maybe Dorset was one of the stricter ones, I wouldn't like to say because I don't think any of the incidents I saw involved them.

I think one of the problems in getting compliance with the rules is that a lot of those rules just didn't make any sense. One of the cafes here had a ridiculous system of putting on your mask to enter the shop, take it off when placing your order, put it back on to move to your table, then take it off when you sit down and at one point they were even wanting you to put it on between mouthfuls. That may sound simple enough when written down but it was rather confusing when actually trying to do it and a lot of people quickly got fed up and just stopped bothering. Not to mention that amount of constant contact between hands and face and mouth was probably not a good idea!

On snooping I do think the police have too much surveillance powers and would like to see some of them reigned in. Greater transparency about the kind of technology they use, nothing operationally sensitive just a broad summary of what they are using so the public are able to raise objections if we want. For example I personally don't agree with the police using ANPR but they are open about the fact they use it. The public are aware of it, so if we want we can write to our MP's and ask for it to be banned. The fact that hasn't happened says to me that the public are on the whole happy with it being used, we can say that represents the "policing by consent" principle. But with other technologies for example IMSI catchers, forces refuse to comment. Even though we know they use them, they don't officially acknowledge it which makes raising objections more difficult. How can we possibly know the public are ok with this technology if they are largely unaware of its existence? We can't possibly, so I don't see how it can be said to be policing by consent in the same way that ANPR is.

Social media is a mixed bag. I think it can be a good tool for forces to easily reach a wide audience at minimal expense and keep people updated on stuff. But you're talking about platforms that have been designed from the ground up to generate outrage and anger all in the name of "user engagement" so you're unlikely to ever get a decent conversation about issues. Some force twitter accounts are cringe, others are interesting. Surrey Road Policing Unit is quite a good one to have a look at, they seem to be notorious for blunt honesty and "giving as good as they get" in response to criticism.

On 19/01/2023 at 11:55, Tonyholbury said:

In Memorium

REAL DECENT COPPERS!

Wow! You’ve festered this long and now find the need to unload your frustration? 
Policing is a disciplined service and the officers of the Crown uphold the laws the Crown passes. 
I’m a long time retired, so probably from the era of ‘the snowman’ and ‘Smouty’ but even then we didn’t get to pick and choose as to what laws we liked and which we didn’t. 
For every person complaining about the police picking on ‘innocent’ drivers, there’s another complaining that the same police are ignoring speeding motorists.
Hundreds of reports of people breaking Covid Laws and insisting the police do something about it - hundreds of other people complaining about the police enforcing Covid laws. 
Being a copper is a no win situation. 
Finally, if all the snowflake police do is deal with social media and car drivers and cannot catch their own backsides why are the prisons full to bursting with thieves and vandals (and rapists and drug dealers and murderers)? How did they get to be imprisoned? 

• Like 6

In Memorium

REAL DECENT COPPERS!

You ok Hun?

• Haha 3

During lockdown I was disgusted by what was shown on social media

And there in lies the problem. Don’t get your information from social media. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In Memorium

REAL DECENT COPPERS!

64 years old and still not grown up enough to realise that generalising what you see on the bias media does not translate to the truth of what 120,000 police officers are actually doing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its not a social media or forum response you need, it’s a Snickers 😀

• Like 3

I would say stick around on here @Tonyholbury * even if there's a lot about what the police do you don't like. It can be interesting to hear their rationale for why things are done in a certain way and you do sometimes end up reconsidering stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

He's not entirely wrong. Was it North Yorks that were using drones to chase that couple that were sitting on the Yorkshire moors in literally the middle of nowhere, putting ZERO people at risk?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jimmyriddle said:

He's not entirely wrong. Was it North Yorks that were using drones to chase that couple that were sitting on the Yorkshire moors in literally the middle of nowhere, putting ZERO people at risk?

In theory the law is the law and should be followed regardless of what people think about it. In practice not everyone does, but people are more likely to follow rules that make sense and that they understand the reason for. Some of the covid regs made no sense. If distancing was important, we should have been encouraging people to travel to the middle of nowhere for exercise rather than expect everyone in a city to exercise locally. The regulations changed frequently to the point that even the police seemed unsure about what they were at any specific time. Ministers repeatedly conflated the guidance with the actual law, creating even more confusion. It was an absolute mess.

• Like 3

Yes, even the UK Government didn't seem to understand their own laws and advice