The Queen’s funeral and mourning

Wikicop20

A place for all things funeral related. 

I will be in London for it, as a member of the public hopefully.

ex policeman on R4, reckons it will be biggest operation ever really, within the MPD. And biggest planned. 

I see MOD Police are already helping TVP at Windsor, lining route etc. 

The last few days have been moving, insightful and impressive to see such hard work and organisation! 

Royal Proclamation has been my favourite so far, saw it in person in Bristol. 

God bless the King. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62937765

A man has been arrested after he approached Queen Elizabeth's coffin from a queue of mourners in Westminster Hall.

Disgraceful. Someone tried rushing at the coffin and tried to lift the royal standard off it apparently but was quickly tackled by police and arrested. The "live" video stream of the coffin lying in state seems to be on a slight delay, as it cut away before the incident was shown, so at least it's not become a spectacle. Incredibly disgusting thing to do.

Edited by Equin0x
  • Like 1

Thought NPAS would be involved in some capacity with air support but I've got ADSB globe up on my screen and no police helicopters active in London which seems odd. You can usually see them but maybe today they turned the transponders off

pic didnt upload

Edited by Equin0x

3 hours ago, Equin0x said:

Thought NPAS would be involved in some capacity with air support but I've got ADSB globe up on my screen and no police helicopters active in London which seems odd. You can usually see them but maybe today they turned the transponders off

Helicopters are noisy and today was not a day for noise interruption. A moving time and a time to remember.

There's one in the air now hopefully upload works this time

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

Helicopters are noisy and today was not a day for noise interruption. A moving time and a time to remember.

There were two on the go. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2022 at 05:40, Wikicop20 said:

A place for all things funeral related. 

I will be in London for it, as a member of the public hopefully.

ex policeman on R4, reckons it will be biggest operation ever really, within the MPD. And biggest planned. 

I see MOD Police are already helping TVP at Windsor, lining route etc. 

The last few days have been moving, insightful and impressive to see such hard work and organisation! 

Royal Proclamation has been my favourite so far, saw it in person in Bristol. 

God bless the King. 

Yes, I was wondering how many other police forces would be involved in lining the route etc, besides the Metropolitan Police, police forces such as Port Authority Police, Ministry of Defence Police, British Transport Police and Civil Nuclear Police as an example.

Edited by IrishCop
Correction

8 hours ago, IrishCop said:

Yes, I was wondering how many other police forces would be involved in lining the route etc, besides the Metropolitan Police, police forces such as Port Authority Police, Ministry of Defence Police, British Transport Police and Civil Nuclear Police as an example.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a force that was involved TBH.