Daily mail. Immigration officers are forced to back down and release a suspect after crowds of Londoners BLOCK their van and chant 'let him go' following a raid in Peckham - while left-wing activists try to halt the government's Rwanda plan

Member of public 1

We live in a modern society, if you feel an action of the state is unjust or wrong you fight it out in court, its fair to say the detained person in this article would have solicitors from various law firms paid for by numerous NGOs and Charities lining up to represent them. 

What we don't do is incite mass disorder in the street, the councillors involved in this should face some kind of discipline. 

• Like 3

The rule of the mob is absolutely unacceptable in any society. The protesters appeared to be the usual rag tag mob offenders, and yet again the Police back down by arranging to bail the suspect.

• Like 1

This sort of thing is very worrying. Seems to be these type of anarchist far left protestors are getting slowly more dangerous. The danger with them being they are seen by many as harmless but as rightly said above this isn't harmless. End of the day the UK has a responsibility to take in immigrants from Hong Kong Afghanistan and now Ukraine, we can not allow endless swaves of illegal  immigrants to come even if I personally have sympathy for them. 

• Like 1

Then again when you have a morally corrupt Government what do you do? 
Those pesky suffragettes, anti-apartheid, anti-slavery, civil rights, Ghandi types who disobeyed the law are now held up as heroes.  

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Man said:

Those pesky suffragettes, anti-apartheid, anti-slavery, civil rights, Ghandi types who disobeyed the law are now held up as heroes.  

Is One Man's Terrorist another Man's Freedom Fighter.

1 hour ago, SD said:

Some very nice clichés but are you suggesting immigration officers should not be able to arrest people suspected of entering of country illegally? 

But in answer to your question, you vote, you donate to charities, you sign petitions but what you do not do is take the law into your own hands.  

Broadly speaking my politics is centre left in many ways but these type of protestors along with many (not all in BLM)  are no freedom fighters and they are a disgrace to progressive politics. The despise the British working class, and they largely despise the police and they are  so far out of tune it's unreal. They come from a politics of anger not compassion. Wholeheartedly recommend Matt forde's recent book in which he talks about some left wing group meetings he attended as a teenager 

Edited by 1TILL5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Man said:

Difficult when you have a morally corrupt opposition

1 hour ago, SD said:

Who do not believe in democracy or the "Rule of Law"  Our immigration is nothing but a joke because of the European Court for human rights. The solution would be to stop the immigration at source but as the French have shown, they have no intention of preventing the Channel boats. Why are the immigrants so intent on coming to the UK. Because thy see us as a soft touch.

It's interesting that my reply was seen from the perspective of supporting the protest yet failed to realise it equally supported the police. Says more about the person replying than it does about me.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SD said:

It's interesting that my reply was seen from the perspective of supporting the protest yet failed to realise it equally supported the police. Says more about the person replying than it does about me.

Edited by 1TILL5

1 hour ago, Zulu 22 said:

Difficult when you have a morally corrupt opposition

Who do not believe in democracy or the "Rule of Law"  Our immigration is nothing but a joke because of the European Court for human rights. The solution would be to stop the immigration at source but as the French have shown, they have no intention of preventing the Channel boats. Why are the immigrants so intent on coming to the UK. Because thy see us as a soft touch.

You’ve really got to stop reading the Daily Fail and listening to Nigel Frogface. 

19 hours ago, Reasonable Man said:

You’ve really got to stop reading the Daily Fail and listening to Nigel Frogface. 

One, I do not take the Daily Mail, and, Two I do not listen to Niger Frog face,  unless you are doing the usual attempt at insults. As for a certain Nigel Farage I have not listened to him since the Brexit campaign. As for the ECHR they are an affront to our Sovereignty.

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Haha 1

Our government have shown that they don't even obey the rule of law. 

Whilst civil disobedience is frequently a pain I prefer to live in a country where people can do these things if people disagree with our government doing stupid, morally bankrupt things, which they frequently seem keen to. 

It's hard to see the Ruanda plan as anything other than daily mail bate, hitting that sweet spot of casual xenophobia and racism and distracting from the constant failures in government.

If it was well thought out and legal the courts wouldn't be knocking it over every ten minutes. 

48 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Our government have shown that they don't even obey the rule of law. 

Whilst civil disobedience is frequently a pain I prefer to live in a country where people can do these things if people disagree with our government doing stupid, morally bankrupt things, which they frequently seem keen to. 

It's hard to see the Ruanda plan as anything other than daily mail bate, hitting that sweet spot of casual xenophobia and racism and distracting from the constant failures in government.

If it was well thought out and legal the courts wouldn't be knocking it over every ten minutes. 

So what about the people in this country who have geniune concerns about immigration? Where does this leave them. 

The think is is you seem to buy into this idea (which I use to) that these type of protestors are harmless people who may be a pain but are ultimately well meaning people. I'm not so sure, I think there's something more cynical going on. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Reasonable Man said:

Someone Could argue you've been brainwashed by the guardian, channel 4 news and other left leaning outlets that push the Multicultural agenda 

• Like 2