Gibraltar Police - "Cops on the Rock" (RGP & HM Customs)

Wikicop20

A good new doc on the Royal Gibraltar Police and HM Customs Gibraltar, which I thought some readers might find interesting.

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/cops-on-the-rock/watch-online/6287177599001

(you must register to watch online with UKTV Play (Drama, Dave, etc))

A few points to note:

* the caution they use sounds like the older (pre-PACE?) caution GB had.

* very similar police vehicles, battenburg, blues etc, but they are of course left-hand drive

* some very fast boats used by RGP & HM Customs marine sections.

Find it very interesting. My take on it was despite the fact the demographics of the island are very unique the crime types and criminals seem very similar to what we get in England.  Maybe it’s the same all over the western world. 

Seems to a distinct lack of respect for the police, criminals seem well organised and able to get away with an awful lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 20:04, 1TILL5 said:

Find it very interesting. My take on it was despite the fact the demographics of the island are very unique the crime types and criminals seem very similar to what we get in England.  Maybe it’s the same all over the western world. 

Seems to a distinct lack of respect for the police, criminals seem well organised and able to get away with an awful lot. 

Yes I thought it was good too.

Crime types rarely change I think really, worldwide, there's always thieves, rapists, drinkers, etc, etc - 

I thought RGP and HM Customs did well. 

On 02/01/2022 at 14:58, Wikicop20 said:

Yes I thought it was good too.

Crime types rarely change I think really, worldwide, there's always thieves, rapists, drinkers, etc, etc - 

I thought RGP and HM Customs did well. 

Suppose my point is more on personality of the criminals, say for example eastern European people tend to be more passive to the  police 

• Like 1

• Global Moderators

Just finished the series, gave a great insight into the hard work of the Gibraltar police. 

I didn't realise Gibraltar was as small as what it was, I suppose as mentioned in the show that it causes issues for both police and criminals alike given that they all know each other. In a way I guess that can be both and good and bad thing. 

I once applied for RGP, however due to medical issues had to withdraw my application, seeing the documentary I'm glad I dropped out now. 

• Like 1