Dave SYP

The next phase of 101 could be to transfer it all to a call centre in Mumbai? I am frankly appalled by the delay tactics and the lack of service from 101 which serves to drive the police and the public even further apart. Remoteness has been achieved!

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave SYP

• Jack McCoy

• Father Jack

• Wilts20

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One little amendment I'd make to this statement: Decent, taxpaying and law-abiding members of the public won't bother reporting low level crime. You can sure as hell count of the drug-dealing/tak

The other day we were told to ensure our rural areas were patrolled and to allocate enough officers to do that, "when resources allow" as there had been issues reported.  We all had a good chuckl

I say this in all honesty, aside from domestics, I arrested more people whilst in Scotland for wasting police time and attempting to pervert the course of justice than for any other offence down here.

Father Jack
1 hour ago, Dave SYP said:

The next phase of 101 could be to transfer it all to a call centre in Mumbai? 

Don't give them ideas, Dave! 😂

• Haha 1
Father Jack

It pains me to say it. However, if the current situation carries on at the pace it is, then Home Office policing will simply become irrelevant. Namely that the public won't bother to report low level crime. On the rare occasions that they do, it won't be investigated. With staffing and funding levels at an all time low, forces will be barely scratching the surface of the few crimes they actually investigate.

Surely it doesn't take the brains of an Arch Bishop, or a crystal ball to figure this out?

Ether

Are police too remote from the community they police? Yes

It could be argued it’s not policing anymore and the very people who pay for it rarely use it. Whilst the people who take out the system make most use of it. 

British justice is ineffective and will to continue to be so until the punishment fits the crime. Prisons are full of criminals sodding about, taking drugs and behaving like its Butlins. Until you have a deterrent it’s pointless. 

• Like 1
Zulu 22

Similar experience of 101 when I saw two males in a high powered car outside a local eating house. They were openly dealing drugs from the car. I, foolishly rang 101 told them what was happening, they said that they were busy and could I ring back later. Told them the offences were being committed now when they asked me how I new that drugs were being sold. I had to explain to them that I was a retired officer and that I had been the head of a City Drug Squad.  It was only them that their tone and interest changed. Anyway before anyone arrived the two males had driven off.  I supplied the officers with the descriptions and the vehicle number and true to form I never ever heard any feedback at all.  

Perhaps not giving out a Crime Report number it is the latest method of cutting crime. Don't record it and there is less crime.  You have to ask what chance have the public got when we have to struggle to get a response.

• Like 2
Ether
7 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

Similar experience of 101 when I saw two males in a high powered car outside a local eating house. They were openly dealing drugs from the car. I, foolishly rang 101 told them what was happening, they said that they were busy and could I ring back later. Told them the offences were being committed now when they asked me how I new that drugs were being sold. I had to explain to them that I was a retired officer and that I had been the head of a City Drug Squad.  It was only them that their tone and interest changed. Anyway before anyone arrived the two males had driven off.  I supplied the officers with the descriptions and the vehicle number and true to form I never ever heard any feedback at all.  

Perhaps not giving out a Crime Report number it is the latest method of cutting crime. Don't record it and there is less crime.  You have to ask what chance have the public got when we have to struggle to get a response.

Dialling 101 is as effective as sending a carrier pigeon. 

• Haha 2
Dave SYP
22 minutes ago, Ether said:

Dialling 101 is as effective as sending a carrier pigeon. 

No it’s not, at least the pigeon gets through eventually. 😂

It is time the 101 system was reviewed and given an overhaul. The local police switchboards were more effective. At least there were officers and staff with knowledge of the area they policed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
BlueBob
4 hours ago, Dave SYP said:

The next phase of 101 could be to transfer it all to a call centre in Mumbai? I am frankly appalled by the delay tactics and the lack of service from 101 which serves to drive the police and the public even further apart. Remoteness has been achieved!

The problem with 101 is like trying to ate all the pies.  Its an imaginary 43+ headed organisation with no real head or means of contact about it rather than the customers (police force) it serves.   The concept is great but the application is, as you say, a disaster.  I have every sympathy for the individual operators tarnished with the inadequacies of their leaders.

• Like 1
Equin0x
3 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

I don't believe that, it's so out of character for you :lol:

• Haha 2
BizzieBee
13 minutes ago, Equin0x said:

I don't believe that, it's so out of character for you :lol:

Psst. If a crime is happening now ... 101 isn’t the number ...

Ether
27 minutes ago, BizzieBee said:

Psst. If a crime is happening now ... 101 isn’t the number ...

You don’t get a much better response from 999

• Like 1
Jack McCoy
17 hours ago, Father Jack said:

It pains me to say it. However, if the current situation carries on at the pace it is, then Home Office policing will simply become irrelevant. Namely that the public won't bother to report low level crime. On the rare occasions that they do, it won't be investigated. With staffing and funding levels at an all time low, forces will be barely scratching the surface of the few crimes they actually investigate.

Surely it doesn't take the brains of an Arch Bishop, or a crystal ball to figure this out?

One little amendment I'd make to this statement:

Decent, taxpaying and law-abiding members of the public won't bother reporting low level crime. You can sure as hell count of the drug-dealing/taking, thieving, domestic abusing, drunk every weekend, verbally abusing all their neighbours and unemployment collecting layabouts to still report every instance of a mate's mate telling them that someone on the estate called them or a family member a naughty word is the worst harassment to ever be suffered by anyone in the history of mankind, that it is causing them severe anxiety and depression, that we are useless because we won't arrest them and of course that they and all their best pals will give us statements and want the suspect 'done' for it otherwise they will 'sort it out themselves' and it will be all our fault if they kill themselves.

• Haha 3
Father Jack
41 minutes ago, Jack McCoy said:

Decent, taxpaying and law-abiding members of the public won't bother reporting low level crime. You can sure as hell count of the drug-dealing/taking, thieving, domestic abusing, drunk every weekend, verbally abusing all their neighbours and unemployment collecting layabouts to still report every instance of a mate's mate telling them that someone on the estate called them or a family member a naughty word is the worst harassment to ever be suffered by anyone in the history of mankind, that it is causing them severe anxiety and depression, that we are useless because we won't arrest them and of course that they and all their best pals will give us statements and want the suspect 'done' for it otherwise they will 'sort it out themselves' and it will be all our fault if they kill themselves.

Jack, I stand happily corrected. It was remiss of me not to include the trivial, vexatious or entirely fabricated accusations from our regular "service users". Let us also not forget the "urgent" calls to 999 about the bus being late, or the chip shop not being open.😂

• Like 2
Dave SYP
2 hours ago, Jack McCoy said:

Nice one Jack! I think Paul Abbot will be getting in touch, as I’ve heard he needs a new writer for the next series of ‘Shameless’ 😂👍 

Seriously though, your contribution outlines exactly what goes on in the minds of the shameless minority and is part of reason why the relationship between police and the public is so fractured.

Jack McCoy
2 hours ago, Dave SYP said:

Nice one Jack! I think Paul Abbot will be getting in touch, as I’ve heard he needs a new writer for the next series of ‘Shameless’ 😂👍 

Seriously though, your contribution outlines exactly what goes on in the minds of the shameless minority and is part of reason why the relationship between police and the public is so fractured.

He doesn't need my help, a simple request to GMP under the FOI for all neighbour and ASBO related offences and MOs over the last week will provide him with enough material to outrun the Simpsons in longevity. 😁

• Haha 1