Acting Off Duty

Zulu 22
59 minutes ago, Wilts20 said:

Legend. Photos?

I think that the Photographer was still on the 18th hole and the git was not carrying his camera in his bag.😉

• Haha 2
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zulu 22

• BizzieBee

• Wilts20

• BlueBob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be a professional witness, not a professional victim, unless you really need to go hands on and get involved. Clearly 999 is going to be the quickest way to get people to you, without PPE and an

@Javissdaviss * Thats a sixty four dollar question if ever I heard one, but its a good one . A long  time ago in the eighties sometime we had a special who was in a similar predicament. He was in

There is the possibility that they had the number to their NPT/Response office however I'd always steer clear of that as if anything happens you don't have an audit trail to go by. By phoning 999 it w

pcmode
3 hours ago, Wilts20 said:

What about a baton then? Other European & N. American nations often carry something (usually a firearm) off-duty. It just seems odd that UK police staff face risks too and yet carry nothing.

Certainly in the first case a baton wouldn't appear to have been much help to the officer, and again would probably have been used against them. In the second against 2 people it could have been useful, but who knows? Even if i were allowed I wouldn't be carrying a baton around with me when i was out.

• Like 1
SimonT

I have used my baton a few times and would describe them as next to worthless in both offence and defence. If however I felt the need, I would be happy to carry spray . 

Spray and run away is a solid tactical move

• Sad 1
BlueBob
2 hours ago, SimonT said:

Spray and run away is a solid tactical move

Or, as we are dealing with off duty scenario, ignore the spray, just run and call for help😀

Zulu 22

45 years ago today a Metropolitan Officer, Stephen Tibble off duty, assisted officers who were chasing a suspect. The Officer Stephen Tibble paid the ultimate price as he was shot three times in the chest by the suspect. The suspect was a member of a terrorist cell and fled the country but the investigation uncovered a bomb making factory. The murderer was eventually apprehended and sentenced to 30 years in prison. 

Fry
On 24/02/2021 at 12:46, bensonby said:

In the MPS isn’t it the case that papa can be taken home on inspector’s authority? (e.g. if you have court or are parading elsewhere the next shift). 

Yeah; those being one of the certain circumstances...