Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NOT ACTIVE ACCOUNT

Are we going to see disorder this summer?

NOT ACTIVE ACCOUNT

With lots of people unemployed/not working/on leave; tensions building due to different worries in regards to finances, illnesses and death; the hot weather; copycat social media; cancelled holidays and people with some rather warped minds - coupled with curfews, arson & looting in the US - are we going to see some disorder this summer? 

Is the spark over the pond (and now in some places the fire) great enough to spread to the UK? 

BlueBob

I’m all for open debate, but something about the post makes me wonder  if it’s an anticipatory one?

NOT ACTIVE ACCOUNT
Author of the topic Posted
9 minutes ago, BlueBob said:

I’m all for open debate, but something about the post makes me wonder  if it’s an anticipatory one?

Yes, slightly.

Fedster

This is clearly not a light hearted topic thus will move to a more appropriate place 

Beaker

Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen.

Stilgar.jpg

MajorDisaster

Those trainers and flat screen TVs won’t “donate” themselves!

Fedster
11 minutes ago, MajorDisaster said:

Some of the protesters in America certainly agree with you 

Father Jack
1 hour ago, MajorDisaster said:

Don't forget the Kappa tracksuits and Burberry caps, as well. 😂

Zulu 22
Posted (edited)

Rioting, looting and burning businesses cannot be justified in any civilised society. Let us not forget here,  however, that this rabid behaviour is not only confined to the USA. Our Met colleagues can remember Tottenham which was led by criminal behaviour hiding behind the misguided vehicle of so called Police violence, later proved to be untrue.

I suspect that the originator of the topic has never stood in front of a riot, or even an armed or angry man. Speculation tends to give idea's to the intellectually challenged or cowardly anarchists.

Edited by Zulu 22

NOT ACTIVE ACCOUNT
Author of the topic Posted

So, it is starting it seems. Hope I can eat my words and this is nipped in the bud damn quick.

Bit of arson and some projectiles.

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd-death-black-lives-matter-supporters-assemble-by-us-embassy-amid-more-protests-in-uk-12002248

Beaker

To be fair you could see it coming.  All it needed was something to light the fuse.

BlueBob
16 hours ago, Quartermaster said:

So, it is starting it seems. Hope I can eat my words and this is nipped in the bud damn quick.

Bit of arson and some projectiles.

https://news.sky.com/story/george-floyd-death-black-lives-matter-supporters-assemble-by-us-embassy-amid-more-protests-in-uk-12002248

And itsnl;t this the time when sound and sensible social media can have a positive influence to distract away from what some see as an inevitability!

Zulu 22
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

To be fair you could see it coming.  All it needed was something to light the fuse.

Perhaps the fuse could be put out by Schools, Colleges, and Universities reopening and extending the terms. There could also be some aid in cancelling the furloughing payments and getting those people back to work to give their time a more honest and law abiding encouragement.

Beaker
6 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

Perhaps the fuse could be put out by Schools, Colleges, and Universities reopening and extending the terms. There could also be some aid in cancelling the furloughing payments and getting those people back to work to give their time a more honest and law abiding encouragement.

When you mix in the lockdown, pressure cooker conditions, great weather people haven't been able to use and nothing to do it was inevitable.  TBH I'd sooner people stayed off work a bit longer to ensure the virus is at least under some control. We have the highest per-capita death rate in the world.  This isn't because we did things properly...

Zulu 22

The point I was making being that the schools, colleges and Uni students have time on their hands to be able to ignore social distancing and go on the demonstrations which are often preached by their tutors. Idle hands and all that, together with those taking money from the government for not working and biting the hand that feeds them. The older generation had better sense.