Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blakey

Auditing Britain - THREAD CLOSED

viktorjsligo
On 20/04/2020 at 20:13, Jeebs said:

I’m guessing these videos generate ad revenue, I’m not a content creator so I don’t know how that sort of stuff works.

Surely, if an officer/person is featured then they should be entitled to a portion of that revenue, as they feature in the video.

Not true. Any ad revenue is the OPs only, via copyright.

viktorjsligo
On 19/04/2020 at 13:11, DodgeRam said:

I don't really have an issue with the people that do this. Everyone needs a hobby I guess and provided they aren't doing any harm I see no reason to interfere with them if filming gives them some sense of importance or something? 

We have one locally that got sacked as a traffic warden and since then has a massive issue with all public services. He goes around filming police stations, library's, court buildings and weirdly a Westherspoons pub! Some people that have come across him have been made to look a bit foolish by him and frankly that's embarrassing as he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

A simple "good morning" as I walk passed him without any further engagement has meant I don't feature in his weird little videos on YouTube. 

LOL, when you label someone or something as "weird", it makes me think of conformity. If something doesn't fit in your normative box, you think it's weird. I sincerely hope you are NOT a police constable. If you are, you need to learn humility and tolerance, and know that no harm, no loss , no injury is all that you need to focus on in your work. Your duplo people existence is damaging, imo.

viktorjsligo
On 12/04/2020 at 21:17, blakey said:

Hello All, :)

Hope you have are having a great Easter Weekend, Just one people thoughts on this youtuber, Auditing Britain ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/braxi100

Any Serving officer come across him ? i dont understand what hes trying to gain ?

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread 

Didn't you try to think what he might be doing it for?  " Gain"?  Where have you been for the past twenty years?  Auditing is a necessary task, because police employees have gone too far with their anti-people behavior. They are creating an us and them society. AB is trying to expose the inadequacies and lies of the security business and police corporation, so that meeker souls can sleep at night. Your gang has been punishing innocent people for takig a few snaps from PUBLIC places, so he is trying to stop the rot. All we need is lawful police and security industry behavior ( not too much to ask ). AB  is one of a group of people nationwide, who are helping security guards and coppers to obey the law and stop harassing people with cameras. The terrorist fantasy has to stop, too. We are not all potential terrorists.

viktorjsligo
On 19/04/2020 at 15:49, stewie_griffin said:

They seem quite cowardly in attempting to make security guards look like fools. 

I like the videos where the authorities finally have enough of their bull#### and they get arrested. The 'auditors' always end up screaming like little girls.

" Like little girls " ?   Strange phrase. Never mind. The problem is, we wouldn't need auditors, if employees of local Councils and the Home Office acted like human beings. The law is clear, that any image can be captured from a public place, regardless, so it's up to the paranoid firm or over cautious police precinct to either make sure that sensitive items can't be seen from public, OR what can be seen isn't going to get a copper/security guard/company owner arrested. If the police and security industry gets it clear that photographers (and nosey people) can see anything from PUBLICly owned infrastructure and buildings, and record it, then the auditing can pause.  As stated elsewhere  WE ARE NOT TERRORISTS.  Should have been obvious, or is that just a devious excuse?.

XA84

@viktorjsligo * you don't have to create new replies to cover everyone else's comments, you can just use quote on each topic you want to quote and it will list them in your reply box. 

Father Jack
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, viktorjsligo said:

He does, but it's for the greater good. This thread appears to be a character assassination attempt of Auditing Britain Youtube channel operator. INNOCENT people have suffered alarm and distress after being confronted by security guards and police, and yet one of your gang quotes " PACE". Hypocrisy is what AB is exposing, and it will not be popular with hypocrites.

I mentioned the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1986 (PACE), because the individual behind "Auditing Britain" seemed to be blissfully unaware of the section of the act that legally allow a Police Officer to enter his property to search for an individual wanted on an arrest warrant. This lack of knowledge potentially opened him up to a charge of obstructing a Police Officer in the course of their duties. 

This was just from one video. The second video I watched, the same individual recorded himself using a handheld mobile device whilst driving. A serious offence, putting himself and other road users at entirely unnecessary risk. Not surprisingly, I didn't bother to watch a third video. 

What you perhaps don't realise, is that in order to audit a system, process, or action, you need to be knowledgeable about it. The individual behind this channel has manifestly demonstrated that he is not. Therefore, I would suggest that you and he give your mouths and keyboards a rest, and listen to people who may just know a bit more about it than you. Perhaps then you might learn something useful and actually be be able to constructively engage with others in a useful manner?

I won't hold my breath waiting, though!

Edited by Father Jack

Ether
12 hours ago, viktorjsligo said:

He does, but it's for the greater good. This thread appears to be a character assassination attempt of Auditing Britain Youtube channel operator. INNOCENT people have suffered alarm and distress after being confronted by security guards and police, and yet one of your gang quotes " PACE". Hypocrisy is what AB is exposing, and it will not be popular with hypocrites.

He is goading a reaction, that’s what makes his videos popular.

Personally I don’t dislike him or his channel, in fact he is inconsequential so I don’t care one way or the other. But don’t try and hide this behaviour behind some noble cause, because it’s not. 

DavidAlbert

100% looking for confrontation for views and ad revenue, but from experience the ad revenue must add up to very little as most people use ad blockers anyway and the view counts are quite paltry.

Anyway I've seen a few now and that's enough, they get boring pretty quickly.

Radman
Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2020 at 19:19, viktorjsligo said:

Didn't you try to think what he might be doing it for?  " Gain"?  Where have you been for the past twenty years?  Auditing is a necessary task, because police employees have gone too far with their anti-people behavior. They are creating an us and them society. AB is trying to expose the inadequacies and lies of the security business and police corporation, so that meeker souls can sleep at night. Your gang has been punishing innocent people for takig a few snaps from PUBLIC places, so he is trying to stop the rot. All we need is lawful police and security industry behavior ( not too much to ask ). AB  is one of a group of people nationwide, who are helping security guards and coppers to obey the law and stop harassing people with cameras. The terrorist fantasy has to stop, too. We are not all potential terrorists.

I hate to break this to you but no where in law is it set out that you have a specific right to film in public, what would be the more correct thing to say is that no where is it prohibited bar conditions of entry or a right to remain. There has been cases where filming constantly or repeatedly has amounted to harrasment even against public organisations such as the police. An infamous video blogger who I won't mention due to various issues surrounding him was given a Criminal Behaviour Order for this very style of harassing behaviour against the police which he breached and was ultimately imprisoned for. 

Now that's out of the way we'll move onto another topic, public places as defined under the public order act include private property and businesses, in that regard if a business owner has a rule in place where they ban photography you can have your implied right to be on that property taken away from you, you can even be removed from property under common law or byelaws if they are applicable. 

It isn't as simple as saying "I have a right to film" because as with anything else it is rarely that black and white clear cut. 

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you but I ask that you leave your conspiracy tin foil hats at the door and are willing to read what is being written. 

Edited by Radman

SD

Did I really just watch someone complain on YouTube about the angle the police parked in their own car park? Then demand someones collar number from someone on a web forum. That is a new level of pathetic. Jesus, some people need to get a life.

Marti Blagborough

FACTUALLY INCORRECT

I have just spoken to the person whom you did refer to. You are very much wrong. 

He said

"I was not a traffic warden. I was a dog warden and I did not get sacked i was made redundant and that was 10 years ago and I only started done this 2019 so that a load of rubbish"

Fedster

Marti I have edited your post to remove the abusive language.

Debate sensibly and like an adult  or your time on the forum will be very short 

Marti Blagborough

Fedster, Understood and I will respect that. 

I am passionate is all my apologies.

Indo the same as this man so see it from a different view. However thank you for the edit and not just deleting it.

Chief Cheetah
Owner

Well worth watching and I promise is connected to Auditing Britain

Radman
2 hours ago, Chief Cheetah said:

Well worth watching and I promise is connected to Auditing Britain

I had someone state similar sensibilities to me last year, he was a left wing anarchist type however. 

I explained it was a registered charity with the proceeds going to police survivors etc, he didn't use the word 'tyranny' but said that the union jack itself was offensive on a police uniform and meant I wasnt impartial, he went on that the black made it look 'Nazi' like, which is equally ridiculous as black has been used in British Police Uniforms long before Fascist parties came into being. 

I think it stems from alot of these folk ultimately dislike the union flag, they won't openly acknowledge that over the thin blue line patch, that is my hunch anyway. I've noticed it alot on social media (it's even cropped up in debates within this forum from time to time) that there is a movement which wishes to censor this nations flag and move to a more globalist stance. 

That's my theory anyway. 🤷🏼‍♂️