Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blakey

Auditing Britain - THREAD CLOSED

blakey

Hello All, :)

Hope you have are having a great Easter Weekend, Just one people thoughts on this youtuber, Auditing Britain ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/braxi100

Any Serving officer come across him ? i dont understand what hes trying to gain ?

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread 

Father Jack

No longer a serving Officer, and thankfully not encountered this individual. Could you please post some sort of warning beforehand, in future. I think I could actually feel brain cells dying as I watched one of his YouTube videos. 

No idea what he's trying to achieve. Although he appear to be some sort of self proclaimed "legal expert", despite being unfamiliar with even the basic principles of PACE. I can only assume that he is trying to bait or provoke police and public services, as to what end, your guess is as good as mine?

Edited by Father Jack
Clarity

Beaker

I've met the type, but not this one.  They just want a reaction.  I prefer not to engage them at all.  The videos where they don't get a reaction don't appear as they're boring. 

Smile at them, wish them a good day and know your powers when you do get one that is doing something minor for attention. 

Edited by Beaker

Zulu 22

I think that we have all met unhappy people like this. As Beaker says, do not engage with them it just feeds their idiocy, and, know your powers.

Edited by Sapor62
Inappropriate wording.

Auditing Britain
On 12/04/2020 at 21:17, blakey said:

Hello All, :)

Hope you have are having a great Easter Weekend, Just one people thoughts on this youtuber, Auditing Britain ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/braxi100

Any Serving officer come across him ? i dont understand what hes trying to gain ?

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread 

Why don’t you ask me your self ? 
It doesn’t really matter what they think I have the right to do what I do end of 

Auditing Britain
22 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

I think that we have all met unhinged people like this. As Beaker says, do not engage with them it just feeds their idiocy, and, know your powers.

Ohh so I am unhinged now am I ? 
can I have your shoulder number please ?

Fedster
Just now, Auditing Britain said:

Ohh so I am unhinged now am I ? 
can I have your shoulder number please ?

Hi,

This is a public forum not connected to any police force, if you want to debate, please do, however asking people for shoulder numbers is not acceptable.

Auditing Britain

And calling me unhinged is acceptable yes ? 

Ether
On 15/04/2020 at 01:50, Auditing Britain said:

And calling me unhinged is acceptable yes ? 

You literally spend your time giving your opinion and preaching about rights. Is free speech and opinions not one of those rights? 

Or does it not apply to a person who whilst employed wear a uniform? 

There is absolutely no doubt you do what you do to provoke a response. 

DodgeRam

I don't really have an issue with the people that do this. Everyone needs a hobby I guess and provided they aren't doing any harm I see no reason to interfere with them if filming gives them some sense of importance or something? 

We have one locally that got sacked as a traffic warden and since then has a massive issue with all public services. He goes around filming police stations, library's, court buildings and weirdly a Westherspoons pub! Some people that have come across him have been made to look a bit foolish by him and frankly that's embarrassing as he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

A simple "good morning" as I walk passed him without any further engagement has meant I don't feature in his weird little videos on YouTube. 

stewie_griffin

They seem quite cowardly in attempting to make security guards look like fools. 

I like the videos where the authorities finally have enough of their bull#### and they get arrested. The 'auditors' always end up screaming like little girls.

Jeebs

I’m guessing these videos generate ad revenue, I’m not a content creator so I don’t know how that sort of stuff works.

Surely, if an officer/person is featured then they should be entitled to a portion of that revenue, as they feature in the video.

Ether
1 hour ago, Jeebs said:

I’m guessing these videos generate ad revenue, I’m not a content creator so I don’t know how that sort of stuff works.

Surely, if an officer/person is featured then they should be entitled to a portion of that revenue, as they feature in the video.

The Officer is the video is entitled to 100% of the criticism, isn’t that enough 😮😮😮

Radman

Years ago we had similar uploader come onto the forum and start commenting, I can't remember the blokes handle now but he's fallen off of the face of the earth it seems. 

Anyhow him and an Irish bloke (who I think is still active on YouTube and did some 'work' with the infamous prank team 'Troll Station') used to engineer encounters with police and security guards, one example I can recall is how one of them would approach a security guard in a store, pretend to be a random member of public and then make a false allegation against their YT partner that they'd seen them place items in their jacket/bag, they'd then try to leave the store causing the guard to challenge them believing they had committed theft. 

Ultimately the guard would be tied up in knots, some would use force, others would get in a shouting match etc the whole thing was just a set up in order to get something on camera to film, this was in the days when YouTube was laxer in who it gave its ad revenue to aswell. 

I find many of these youtubers are simply out to cause grief or generate views on their channels, I've dealt with a few people filming now in my time and I tend to just ignore them unless they're really interfering in my stop or whatever it is to the point where I could justify obstruction or a byelaw offence. Ultimately its best not to feed them if you can help it.

An old cop that is now retired I used to work with was called to a suspicious person filming the station, bloke thought he was being clever and refused all details, long story short the officer withdrew but continued to watch from a distance, after a short while man got bored and walked over to his car where he then tried to drive off from the station, only to be stopped, driving licence produced and PNC check done on his vehicle... Details fully obtained. 

Patience really is a virtue and there is generally more than one way to find out who a person is if they aren't willing to speak to you. 

viktorjsligo
On 18/04/2020 at 14:56, Ether said:

You literally spend your time giving your opinion and preaching about rights. Is free speech and opinions not one of those rights? 

Or does it not apply to a person who whilst employed wear a uniform? 

There is absolutely no doubt you do what you do to provoke a response. 

He does, but it's for the greater good. This thread appears to be a character assassination attempt of Auditing Britain Youtube channel operator. INNOCENT people have suffered alarm and distress after being confronted by security guards and police, and yet one of your gang quotes " PACE". Hypocrisy is what AB is exposing, and it will not be popular with hypocrites.