Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
ParochialYokal

BBC- Cheshire Police panel chairman voted out over LGBT lanyard row

ParochialYokal
Posted (edited)

A policing watchdog chairman who criticised a senior officer for wearing a rainbow lanyard has been voted out.

Bob Fousert, chairman of the Cheshire Police and Crime Panel, claimed it was "political" for the force's deputy chief constable to don LGBT neckwear.

Voting to remove him, Labour panel member Dave Thomspon said his comments were "appalling" and some of his language was "offensive".

Mr Fousert said he was the victim of a "politically motivated attack".

"This attack on me is being seen as politically motivated and fuelled by a hypocritical and synthetic angst," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-48885996

I am not sure on what plant this individual was on when he challenged the Deputy Chief Constable?

There really does appear to be a very high concentration of ‘gammons’ in Cheshire whom are still lingering about the policing space and expressing a view on things. At least this one has been unceremoniously put in his place. 

Edited by ParochialYokal
  • Confused 1

Member Achievements

Beaker

I wonder if this was down to the lanyard, or an inherent dislike of women with authority that triggered the actual comment.

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I wonder if this was down to the lanyard, or an inherent dislike of women with authority that triggered the actual comment.

Oh deary me.

We are second guessing who ranked higher on his hypothetical ‘hate index’- women, members of the LGBTQ community or those whom wore rainbow lanyards as ‘ambassadors’ of such- if, indeed, he is as bad as he has been made out to be. He might not be- people need to make their own choices and draw upon wider information 

I am not too sure I care that much, as the focus should be on his discredited behaviour; although, I would love for this individual (whom, I am sure that critics would label ‘odious’), to consent to be handcuffed to a chair for a scientific experiment, so that he could be shown images of all cohorts of subject matter in order for a scientific study to be undertaken to determine how bright red his Cheshire gammon head glows when he gets exposed to them.

It would be like a game of Operation- albeit, it would be his forehead emitting an increasing bright glow and loud ‘beep’ that determines how far up his hate index the subject matter offends his gammon values. 

At least this individual was challenged for his ill advised comments and he got put in his place. 

Edited by ParochialYokal

Member Achievements

SD

I’ll be honest and say I find the use of the term “gammons” as inherently racist. How someone looks should not be the insult when their behaviour is more then enough to raise issue with.

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, SD said:

I’ll be honest and say I find the use of the term “gammons” as inherently racist. How someone looks should not be the insult when their behaviour is more then enough to raise issue with.

Surely the Chair is entitled to an opinion. Would they have complained if the Deputy had worn a Red Wite and Blue lanyard, I am sure that there would have been a different action. It appears that there is a Proporganda of Indoctrination regarding the LGBTQ movement and whoa be tides anyone who should dare to hold a different opinion.

It most probably was a Political move to remove the Chair by a Labour member and the PCC certainly is a politically motivated Labour member.

Perhaps it is true that "Free Speech" no longer exists, or is allowed. The use of the wording of Gammon just shows how offensive some people can be

Edited by Zulu 22

Member Achievements

Beaker
1 minute ago, Zulu 22 said:

Perhaps it is true that "Free Speech" no longer exists, or is allowed. 

Far from it.  However they've removed S2 of The Free Speech Act that says you're free from consequences.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Far from it.  However they've removed S2 of The Free Speech Act that says you're free from consequences.

Thought shalt not hold an opinion other than mine. Free Speech is truly dead.

Member Achievements

Beaker
1 minute ago, Zulu 22 said:

Thought shalt not hold an opinion other than mine. Free Speech is truly dead.

Piffle.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and everyone else is entitled to call them on it, and everyone should be prepared to face any possible consequences of what they say.  Personal responsibility and all that.  You comment here is basically TR's argument too. 

Member Achievements

Indiana Jones

The Police and Crime Panel is there to oversee the PCC. The PCC then is there to oversee the force.

The Panel is not there to comment on individual officers.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
Posted (edited)

Just one simple question, Is an LGBT lanyard part of an authorised Police Uniform?,  Thought not. 

Beaker you say that everyone is entitled to an opinion and yet, the way the Chair was treated seems to show otherwise.

Edited by Zulu 22

Member Achievements

Beaker
2 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

Just one simple question, Is an LGBT lanyard part of an authorised Police Uniform?,  Thought not. 

Beaker you say that everyone is entitled to an opinion and yet, the way the Chair was treated seems to show otherwise.

How do you know it wasn't?  We have Pride lanyards issued during Pride season.  I have an old one, but the newer ones I'm told are rainbow with the 'Policing with Pride' Badge on them.  Cheshire wear lanyards as part of their uniform (at least the ones I've seen do).

I do say everyone is entitled to an opinion.  However I also say people are responsible for the consequences for voicing that opnion.  What you advocate is freedom to say what you want without consequences.  Just like Tommeh and his crowd you seem to want the right to say what you want, no matter how bigoted and disgusting while never being challenged about it. 

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

How do you know it wasn't?  We have Pride lanyards issued during Pride season.  I have an old one, but the newer ones I'm told are rainbow with the 'Policing with Pride' Badge on them.  Cheshire wear lanyards as part of their uniform (at least the ones I've seen do). "    Training staff"

I do say everyone is entitled to an opinion.  However I also say people are responsible for the consequences for voicing that opnion.  What you advocate is freedom to say what you want without consequences.  Just like Tommeh and his crowd you seem to want the right to say what you want, no matter how bigoted and disgusting while never being challenged about it. 

Sorry but it is just as bigoted as the attitude that you have. They can think it, but if it is a different opinion to yours then they are not allowed to say it.

Policing is about being impartial, without fear or favour, showing support for one body rather than another is not being impartial.  You say quote "no matter how bigoted and disgusting while never being challenged about it".  Are you thereby saying that those remarks would apply to the Asian, and Islamic community?

This country has a tradition of tolerance but with the present day indoctrination and propaganda that tolerance only applies in one direction. 

Member Achievements

Beaker
47 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

Sorry but it is just as bigoted as the attitude that you have. They can think it, but if it is a different opinion to yours then they are not allowed to say it.

Policing is about being impartial, without fear or favour, showing support for one body rather than another is not being impartial.  You say quote "no matter how bigoted and disgusting while never being challenged about it".  Are you thereby saying that those remarks would apply to the Asian, and Islamic community? 

This country has a tradition of tolerance but with the present day indoctrination and propaganda that tolerance only applies in one direction.  

Lets give myself some labels shall we. 

As a White Straight Cisgender Male I'm pretty much sat on top of 3000 years of history where that profile was favoured.  Even as Working Class I have advantages some of my friends don't.  I generally fit in where I go without being challenged.  I can walk down the street free from fear of anyone giving me a kicking, calling me racist names, grabbing hold of me, telling me I need to smile so I look pretty or wolf whistling at me. 

As an Atheist I've no fear of a god "Punishing" me when I die, and I treat people on first meeting as I would like to be treated.  That goes in both my areas of work, and in my personal life. 

As a Gen-Xer I have the typical view that people should be able to get on with their lives without being hounded about it, or called to justify their existence. 

I'm more than willing to support people who are under--represented, even though it doesn't advantage me in any way.  What's the old phrase?  “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”.  I don't have a dog in any of the fights.  I'm not gay, I'm not BME, I'm not part of a religious or ethnic minority.  However I DO believe they need to be more accepted in gneral, and I strongly think that anyone who piles on bigotry should be taken to task for it. 

Where you said "Are you thereby saying that those remarks would apply to the Asian, and Islamic community?"  If they're being bigoted then yes, they should face consequences where applicable.  I've already said upthread that freedom of speech does not come with freedom from consequences.  Freedom of speech comes with RESPONSIBILITY.  If someone isn't willing to take responsibility for their actions they should be rightly shunned if they won't shut up.

• Thanks 1

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

So according to you having a different opinion is bigoted. I have no problem whatsoever with a person, religion, sexuality, race or whatever, However it is one thing to have a view but another thing entirely to run a propaganda campaign forcing that into other people's faces.  The Deputy C.C should have more sense than to provoke a reaction from anyone. Most people do not have a problem with a persons sexuality but they do not need it being countlessly flaunted. It is that which causes most problem which in many case, not all, are caused by their own actions. A wonder what would have happened had any officer displayed an unauthorised emblem on their uniform, and where should that line be drawn. 

Member Achievements

Beaker
6 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

So according to you having a different opinion is bigoted.

Nope, Again, need toimprove your Straw Man.  It's somewhat Waxy-Lemmon. 

7 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

I have no problem whatsoever with a person, religion, sexuality, race or whatever

Frequent posts say otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

However it is one thing to have a view but another thing entirely to run a propaganda campaign forcing that into other people's faces.  The Deputy C.C should have more sense than to provoke a reaction from anyone. 

This just reads as "Bring Back Section 28" or similar.  It's isn't forcing things in to other people's faces.  It's simply showing your support of things.  Unless of course something like a TBL patch is also forcing things?

9 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

Most people do not have a problem with a persons sexuality but they do not need it being countlessly flaunted. It is that which causes most problem which in many case, not all, are caused by their own actions.

Indeed, we call these people intolerant. 

10 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

A wonder what would have happened had any officer displayed an unauthorised emblem on their uniform, and where should that line be drawn.  

On various bits of kit I have a small Lancs pin badge that isn't "Authorised" (Stabby)  It was my Grandfather's when he was a D/SUPT, and he wore it on his suit.  I also have a TBL patch (Hi-Vis and Stabby), a Black Dog (Fleece) and a "Policing With Pride" badge (Hi-Vis).  None of these have raised any complaints even when two different ACCs and the CC have seen them.  All are appropriate to the role I'm working in.  I have a "Safety Pin" enamel badge too, but that is on my civvie coat as it's just too big to put on any of my uniform. 

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  
There are 2 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators