Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
a.edwards18

Psychology Research Project: Interview Participants Required - Mental Health in the Police Force

a.edwards18

Good afternoon everyone,

I am conducting a psychology research project which forms part of an undergraduate psychology degree course that I am undertaking, and I'm looking for police officers who would be willing to take part in a one to one Skype/telephone interview lasting no longer than one hour.

The aim of the study is to explore stigma and negativity in the UK police force toward fellow officers with mental ill health, and how mental health awareness can be improved within the force.

Inclusion criteria:

• Participants are aged 18 and over
  • Participants who are serving officers with mental ill health, who are or have been on sick leave due to mental ill health, or have left the police force due to mental ill health
  • Development of mental ill health condition during their time as a police officer
  • Participants need not have made a disclosure of their mental health condition to their manager/supervisor
  • Participants have English as their first language or have a good level of English language proficiency.

If you would like to take part or know someone who would be interested in being interviewed, please email me in confidence at a.edwards18@unimail.derby.ac.uk for further details of the research and to arrange an interview.

Kind regards

Ann-Marie Edwards

BSc (Hons) Psychology (University of Derby)

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David