• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bogdan39

• OSD_Control

• M.I.A

• Timbo797

Anybody know which Custody Suite this was???

Cheers

F

One has to ask, why wasn't he searched properly before being conveyed if he'd been nicked for off. weap?? All the same, it is a very scary thing to watch- makes you realise how quick it can happen. I'm glad that the guy's getting help, and huge respect for the officer, who appears to have no ill feeling towards him. I know it's not easy having a knife pulled on you, and it can, and does, come back to haunt you for years afterwards- this guy's attitude is amazing

Very fast reaction, and probibly lucky the way and position he had the guy in. Top class and really good speed for help, excellent.

Hope the thug does a serious amount of hard time.

What's your opinion, do you reckon the thug would of went for the fatal blow? Or scare tactic to escape?

Very fast reaction, and probibly lucky the way and position he had the guy in. Top class and really good speed for help, excellent.

Hope the thug does a serious amount of hard time.

What's your opinion, do you reckon the thug would of went for the fatal blow? Or scare tactic to escape?

I thought, body language said he was going for it. He seemed to be rocking to and fro and looking a bit as though a mental (violent) spring was uncoiling in last seconds prior.

I knew something was coming, but still gave me an awful shock.

Never had a knife pulled on me, only a nutty truck driver doing 70 MPH, 20 miles shouth bound before Keele service station, Tuesday morning I hope the cops got him, i phoned them.

Edited by kenworthy

This was in Devon and Cornwall,, and due to operational reasons, I will not go into the circumstances, however the officer was extreemly lucky, and the actions of the Custody Sgt maye have saved his life.

This just shows how quickly the situation can change, and what risks we face.. Not comfortable viewing, but a stark reminder to us ALL...

I would kick my own ass everywhere if i brought in a prisoner with a knife still on him like that....

I would kick my own ass everywhere if i brought in a prisoner with a knife still on him like that....

I would agree with you on this.

If he was being transported by a police car, he seemed to be single crewed. The police officer easily could have become a victim when transported. If he was searched, he needed to be searched more in depth. In my opinion, it was obvious that he hadn't been searched, looking at the way the officer replied to the Custody Sgt and then asked him if he had sharps on him whilst removing the contents of his pocket.

I hope it taught him a lesson; to make sure all people associated with offensive weapons/firearms are double checked, as if his re-actions weren't as good - he would probably be in hospital. He intended to use it...Silly boy.

Edited by Dean0

• 4 months later...

jesus! so...in a case like this what measures are in place to support an officer after an incident like this? do u have time to catch a cigarette and a coffee calm and collect yourself then get back out there or is it a case of just get on with it?

thanks

I Know where I'd be going after work if something like that happend. The pub. :lol:

But i'm sure there would be support offered if required?

Well...

Cant belive he wasnt searched properly.. certainly will make me 'Double Search' .

One thing I will say though is that I think this custody suite is FAR TOO ENCLOSED... dont you think ??

seen it countless times before but still makes me cringe when i watch it!!

Hi L£Roy,

I would say the fact that the custody desk area being so enclosed is what saved that officer's life. Being in a tight area allowed him and fellow officers to pin him to the wall/desk quickly. Also restricted the guys movement towards the initial attempt of stabbing the officer.

I doubt the custody area is that narrow for that reason though!