Confessions of a Police Constable

Chief Rat

• Management

I'm surprised he was not told to take out a PowerUser subscription so he could! :whistle:

• Like 3

Just to confirm I'm not the author of the book, I just happened to stumble upon and found it well worth the £0.99 it costs!

I think Robin Askwith may be a bit old for the film version but fair enough.

A lot of folk don't really want to know about "real" police work as it can be rather grubby but many warm to the strange humour and , despite all the negative spin, just how decent a folk a lot of police officers are!

A film about real police work....

Run time: 120 minutes.

Synopsis: We see Police Constable Blogs doing 110 minutes of paperwork and wading through hundreds of pointless emails (that have nothing to do with him) from FHQ. Followed by 5 minutes of trying to find some car keys, 3 minutes of vehicle checks, and then finally see him drive the vehicle out of the back yard of the station. Fade to credits.

It'll be brilliant :D

Edited by Damsel
  • Like 2

A film about real police work....

Run time: 120 minutes.

Synopsis: We see Police Constable Blogs doing 110 minutes of paperwork and wading through hundreds of pointless emails (that have nothing to do with him) from FHQ. Followed by 5 minutes of trying to find some car keys, 3 minutes of vehicle checks, and then finally see him drive the vehicle out of the back yard of the station. Fade to credits.

It'll be brilliant :D

Pure Hollywood!

5 minutes to get keys??? And nearly 2 hours to do paperwork ???

PC Bloggs has luxurious shifts :)

I bought and read Confessions of a Police Constable. Quite a lot of the stories were the same as in Matt Delito's blog posts, but padded out a little. There are also some new ones. Not all the stories are his own, although they are all told in the first person; however,he's pretty upfront about this (there is even one story about him nearly being outed when he hears someone complaining that he's passed their story off as his own) and to be honest it reads a lot better that way.

He writes well and I enjoyed the book. Sure there's a lot of overlap with the blog, but I certainly didn't begrudge him the 99p or whatever I paid - after all I enjoyed his blog or free for long enough. I'd definitely recommend it.

Matt's blog is here. Similar/same content on Gizmondo here.

• Like 1