WANTED: Pressure Bleeder for brakes

Administrative Account

Anyone got one? I'm after one of the basic ones (manual pump type) in working condition with an adapter suitable for a BMW 3 series (e90/91/92)

Anyone got one? I'm after one of the basic ones (manual pump type) in working condition with an adapter suitable for a BMW 3 series (e90/91/92)

Don't know anything about cars but have you tried eBay?

You can get them for about £20 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Held-Diesel-Brake-Fluid-Vacuum-Pump-Bleeder-WPI-Technic-/261051638072?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D390398107019%26ps%3D54#ht_3362wt_819

Don't know anything about cars but have you tried eBay?

You can get them for about £20 http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_3362wt_819

Yep, tried eBay. :)

That one pulls fluid through the system, which means you have to keep checking it's topped up enough. The type I'm after pushes it through the system from a reserviour which holds enough fluid to flush the whole system... This is the sort I'm after: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Brake-Clutch-Bleeding-Bleeder-Bleed-FREE-UNIV-/360474316655?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item53edf18f6f#ht_3148wt_1139

Hades, the Gunson easibleed kit is much cheaper and easy to use (about £20).

I know you said you don't want to worry about the fluid level in the bottle, but it flows out slowly and you would have to be a muppet to let air into the system. If you are bleeding all four corners and completely changing the whole fluid you might have to top the bottle up once during the procedure. It really is a POP :) I've used mine on my Mondeo, my father in law's Triumph Stag (needed a custom made reservoir adapter though) and my brothers old BMW 323 with no problems.

Hades, the Gunson easibleed kit is much cheaper and easy to use (about £20).

I know you said you don't want to worry about the fluid level in the bottle, but it flows out slowly and you would have to be a muppet to let air into the system. If you are bleeding all four corners and completely changing the whole fluid you might have to top the bottle up once during the procedure. It really is a POP :) I've used mine on my Mondeo, my father in law's Triumph Stag (needed a custom made reservoir adapter though) and my brothers old BMW 323 with no problems.

I saw that kit before, and would have gone for it, except that as it's an E90 it doesn't come with a spare tyre to connect up to it! I do have a set of winter tyres that I could use, but they're in storage and it'll be a right faff to get them out all the time. I've got a basic 'one man' bleeder bottle thing but I'm not convinced that the valve keeps air from getting back in and it's a bit difficult to see how it's going etc :)