Wanted 125CC Bike

ARV82

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a 125CC motorbike. I only have around 700 max to spend but want either

Hyosung 125 GT

Yamaha YZF-R125

SKYJET 125

rieju rs2

If you are selling one, or know of anyone or a place to get one for my price range please let me know!

Many thanks,

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hopeless_place

• pottheed

• ARV82

• Prae1546081277

You sound like you have done a little research into this, and you have some specific bikes you want, but please, reconsider getting a Chinese bike.

Stick to Japanese or European.

Just Google Chinese bike, dont want to see you blow £700 on a bike that simply melts.

You sound like you have done a little research into this, and you have some specific bikes you want, but please, reconsider getting a Chinese bike.

Just Google Chinese bike, dont want to see you blow £700 on a bike that simply melts.

Cheers mate, I will have a look at that now. :new_no:

I have a Yamaha YBR-125 and can vouch how good they are. It's reliable and I've had little problems with it. Mine also does around 100MPG, which is fantastic.

I'd advise getting the Yamaha if you can :new_no:

• Like 1

I have a Yamaha YBR-125 and can vouch how good they are. It's reliable and I've had little problems with it. Mine also does around 100MPG, which is fantastic.

I'd advise getting the Yamaha if you can :new_no:

The Yamaha really is a fantastic bike!!! thumbsup.gif

The thing with Chinese bikes is they can break after 10 miles, they have some serious design faults, like welding and materials used.

So when you look online, you see 60 plate bikes for £400 and you want to run there and hand over cash, then you see they are Chinese.

The names can be confusing too, Yamahha should not be confused with Yamaha. rolleyes.gif

I would also advise steering clear of Chinese imports which although appear to be direct copies of Japanese bikes are made in such a poor way that I am surprised that they can get registered in this country. Copyright appears to mean nothing to this emerging industry (see Top Gear S18 Ep2) so you may think you are buying something you are not. A chocolate fire guard springs to mind.

Although I'm a Honda man through and through, I must admit the YBR-125 is far nicer looking than the CBR-125 and much cheaper too. If you don't have a garage however, get a good quality bike cover as although Honda are the best for corrosion resistance, all of these low capacity bikes are made to a budget where material finish is minimal.

Honda CBF 125 is a good choice too. It'll run and run and run.

• Like 1

Copyright appears to mean nothing to this emerging industry (see Top Gear S18 Ep2) so you may think you are buying something you are not.

What an episode!

Chinese Judge, "This car is nothing like the X5, just look it has its own badge and its own name, therefore its not a copy of an X5!"

2-7.png

Don't bother with a Piaggio! Although very robust and very reliable in the 125cc range. Very expensive on parts which can sometimes take ages to arrive if being repaired. I had the Liberty 125cc so I know what I'm talking about.

Also don't be fooled into thinking the best 125cc's come out of Japan. My second 125cc was a Sym (Taiwan) which was bloody fantastic in all aspects. I used to ride it 110 miles up to London on frequent journeys.

Edited by pmtts

Being realistic, you'll be lucky to find a YZF-R125 for £700. Going price for them is £1600+

YBRs are good bikes, but - I went to look at one recently and found it rather uncomfortable. I'm 6ft 2 and just found the handles to be far to close to my knee's and the ride rather uncomfortable. Then went to look at a CBR & CBF and were much much better!

Maybe something to consider...

Also don't be fooled into thinking the best 125cc's come out of Japan. My second 125cc was a Sym (Taiwan) which was bloody fantastic in all aspects. I used to ride it 110 miles up to London on frequent journeys.

Some chinese bikes are getting there in terms of build quality, others are still decidedly hit and miss.

If I were the OP, I'd stick with Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki - you won't get anything racy looking (that hasn't been down the road!) for £700, but you'll get something that will get you around. Alternatively, take that £700, go and do your DAS or A test (if under whateverageitisnow) before they change the licence requirements, and then buy something that's not got the learner premium!

I can vouch for the Suzuki DR-125SM, it has a solid little four stroke motor that can deliver 100mpg.

You may be able to get an '08 model for your budget. I had mine for 18 months as a commuter and had no trouble.

Don't do your full test just yet, they are doing away with the current ridiculous two part test that I had to sit and going back to the single test as before.

I think you mean YBR not YZF... you won;t get a YZF for £700 will you, surely not?

• 1 month later...

I would suggest getting a SYM XS125 - they handle similar to a YBR and very reliable.

I dont understand why people are complaining so much about Chinese bikes - obviously never owned one which was purchased from a reputable retailer. I bought a 50cc from chinesemotorcycledealers for £600 brand new fully assembled, registered etc and they carry all the spare parts, The bike never put a foot wrong, I got 100mpg, and when I fell off and scraped the side panels I got a brand new side panel for £3!! I ran it in the snow, blizzards, gales of 100mph+ and it was all good! If you are going to buy a chinese bike make sure It is from a very reputable website or local dealer.

If you purchased a yamaha you had to build yourself from ebay, I am sure the build quality would be rubbish as well!!

Look at it from another perspective:

Nearly £1k with a peugeot badge...

http://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/peugeot-scooters-detail.php/V-Clic-50cc-14/

£650 with a chinese badge.........

http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/BT49QT-9.php

Exactly the same bike.............

or you could do what I did after having a 125......save up for a R1!!

Can't go wrong with a Honda CG125. You can pick ones up older than you for £500. You can put 50k miles on it and sell it for £500.

Bulletproof