Wanted: 125cc scooter

I've decided to give 2 wheels a try for my ever-increasly weary commute to work. Budget is a few hundred quid. Ideally a Yamaha, Peugeot or Honda - I have looked at these Chinese-made cheapo scooters and decided they're not for me.

Oh and I want a scooter/moped type bike, not one that looks like a trail bike or motorbike (if you know what I mean!).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PCDJ1546081230

• Administrative Account

• GordonH

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Vader on a scooter? confused.gif

You may find one around the £500 mark I would expect. I take it you have looked at the usual suspects http://www.autotrader.co.uk/bikes and gumtree? Local bike garages can be good places for deals esp if you are paying cash. I will see if anyone I know has anything going

Lord Vader on a scooter? confused.gif

Quick, someone make some DeathStar or TIE Fighter decals for him thumbsup.gif

I thought that Lord Vader on a scooter was too far fetched to be true, how wrong I was!

20050608-02062005032203_scooter.jpg

smiley_notworthy.gif

• Like 3

LV try a CG125, Better than a scooter!

Something like this should stand you well:

http://www.bikechatf...ic.php?t=225453

Plenty of them about though and they are essentially bulletproof!

They are indeed bulletproof but by no means a comfortable ride IMO. I learnt on one of these many , many years ago and was glad to be off it. I had a great cruiser for the weekends but for cummuting I used to have the 250CC Piaggio X9 - great little scooter

Still loads of 125 about - some good ones on ebay it seems aswell :)

They are indeed bulletproof but by no means a comfortable ride IMO. I learnt on one of these many , many years ago and was glad to be off it. I had a great cruiser for the weekends but for cummuting I used to have the 250CC Piaggio X9 - great little scooter

Still loads of 125 about - some good ones on ebay it seems aswell :D

I just nearly bought an X9 250 before realising the engine is too big. Gutted because it was an absolute bargain - going for ebay from a dealer for about £400 :(

LV try a CG125, Better than a scooter!

Something like this should stand you well:

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=225453

Plenty of them about though and they are essentially bulletproof!

Yeah I think not - I've never even ridden a moped before, when I do my CBT in a couple of weeks it'll be my first time :)

So I am looking for something very simple to ride, and a scooter seems to fit the bill.

You are kidding - is it still there? Can you PM me the link?

I have to say that having ridden motorcycles for over 20yrs I absolutely cannot get on with scooters. I think it is the size of the wheels and I found them unstable and I felt unsafe on them.

That could be just be though, I would be interested to think what other bikers think.

when I do my CBT in a couple of weeks it'll be my first time :w00t:

Do not worry about this. If you can tie your own shoelaces you should be able to do this

I have to say that having ridden motorcycles for over 20yrs I absolutely cannot get on with scooters. I think it is the size of the wheels and I found them unstable and I felt unsafe on them.

That could be just be though, I would be interested to think what other bikers think.

In part I can agree but when you are used to riding 1600cc cruisers scooters will feel like that :) Plus with centre of gravity being different etc they are bound to feel unstable to bike riders.

That said I have owned 250CC and 400cc scooters for commuting and found them really nice. Much better than the 50/125 scooters anyway.

It's just gone (about 10 seconds ago - sorry!). Went for £465 :w00t:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...6#ht_500wt_1413

Not sure about all that rust though. still could be fixed easy enough

Edited by PCDJ

You are much better off doing your CBT on a geared bike if youcan and getting a bike instead of a scooter. You might even find that you pick up the riding very quickly and choose to go for the Direct Access.