You MUST read this!

JimS

Whenever a new police book comes out, I always have a look to see if us Specials get a mention. :backontopic:

Well, I'm delighted to report to you that a fantastically funny new book Police, Crime & 999 The True Story of a Front Line Officer passes the Genevive test! :aok:

Ever wondered what REALLY goes on behind the scenes in the police? is the question asked on the back ...along with some other gems like:

Why can wearing 2 pairs of socks make you a suspect?

What covert sign do officers make when they no longer wish to talk to you?

What bizarre 999 calls are made to the emergency services?

What Royal arrest never made news headlines?

It's the real tale of a year as a PC in an undisclosed town in the UK ...and what a superb storyteller he (John Donoghue) is, who doesn't mind admitting getting things wrong too ...which makes a change from many PC's I know :D .

In my opinion, it should be mandatory reading for anyone joining the Specials! :oops::pc:

It's available now from www.policecrime999.com at a discount to Police, Specials and Police Staff ...and officially out in bookshops & Amazon etc from August.

I don't post much ... but just had to let you know about this. And pardon any spelling errors please as I've just come in off a late shift :D

xx

While this wouldn't normally be allowed. Commercial advertising etc. In lieu of LV's ultimate approval, I'm going to leave this as it looks like an interesting read if nothing else. But move it to a more suitable area of the forum.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I see it's now out on Amazon ...and all 5 start reviews.... so I wasn't wrong :whistle:

..and someone has headed their review ' If you like Hot Fuzz, you'll love this'

..and I did, and I did! :aok:

I'm reading it at the moment on kindle..its jolly good...irreverant and very funny

ordered, thanks for the heads up :)

• 2 weeks later...

:pc:Otto / Rob... did you boys enjoy this as much as I did?

x

Hmm... 5 posts on the forum, 4 of them recommending books by the same author...

:confused:

• 5 months later...

I'm reading it at the moment on kindle..its jolly good...irreverant and very funny

Maybe too irreverant! I think he has upset someone. on high

I've heard the bosses want the book withdrawn, which is a shame.

Hmm... 5 posts on the forum, 4 of them recommending books by the same author...

:wub:

From the website it seems there's only one book before this. The author allegedly served in the Army & Navy and wrote a book afterwards...

From the website it seems there's only one book before this. The author allegedly served in the Army & Navy and wrote a book afterwards...

A book about selling on second hand ex-issue military kit to Walts and Cadets? Can't have been a very exciting read... :aok: