Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Fedster

PCC’s swinging the lead comments aimed at ‘small minority’ of officers

Reasonable Man

He's said nothing more than what many officers say. Sounds like the old attitude of mothers. 'I'll criticise my kids as much as I want but God help you if you say anything bad about them.'

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Pavillion
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Reasonable Man said:

He's said nothing more than what many officers say. Sounds like the old attitude of mothers. 'I'll criticise my kids as much as I want but God help you if you say anything bad about them.'

I can only echo your comments on this topic. It is not unreasonable to suspect that there are Police Officers who are lazy and avoid their responsibilities.

Claiming under funding as an excuse to poor performance. I, as a member of the public who are continually bombarded with the never ending bleating of Police Forces are victimized by the Government and do not get this funding and do not get that funding. 

Quite frankly, I think a proportion of society are just sick of the whining.

Edited by Pavillion

Member Achievements

Growley
In fairness, calling out a cultural problem and stating that officers aren't working hard enough in response to the failings of a force, isn't a specific comment about a small group of officers. It's a blanket statement that tries to move responsibility onto the workforce.
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Growley
I can only echo your comments on this topic. It is not unreasonable to suspect that there are Police Officers who are lazy and avoid their responsibilities.
Claiming under funding as an excuse to poor performance. I, as a member of the public who are continually bombarded with the never ending bleating of Police Forces are victimized by the Government and do not get this funding and do not get that funding. 
Quite frankly, I think a proportion of society are just sick of the whining.
Do you work, Pavillion?

Member Achievements

Pavillion
1 minute ago, Growley said:

Do you work, Pavillion?

What relevance do you attach to "work" status to the topic at hand? Whether I "work" or not has no bearing on my opinion of the topic.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
2 hours ago, Pavillion said:

What relevance do you attach to "work" status to the topic at hand? Whether I "work" or not has no bearing on my opinion of the topic.

That is the usual non answer to any question asked.  The PCC had to apologise after admitting that it refers to a very small number of officers. However the facts are indisputable that Police funding has plummeted and there are now more than 20,000 less officers. The PCC is making excuses when it is ultimately he/she who has responsibility for governing the spending of the funding. You cannot get more from less. I have never known morale as low throughout all Police Forces as officers dash from one j0b to another with a list of other calls awaiting for their attendance. Anyone who claims anything else is both an idiot and a liar, or Politician another name for it.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Mac7

Let me guess. Stephen Mold is a Tory PCC?

Disgusting comments by a person in his position. Officers in all departments, in all forces have seen a massive increase in workload with many working extended hours and on their rest days. It’s a kick in the face to all officers up and down the country who are keeping the “wheel on” on a daily basis.

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man
Let me guess. Stephen Mold is a Tory PCC?

Disgusting comments by a person in his position. Officers in all departments, in all forces have seen a massive increase in workload with many working extended hours and on their rest days. It’s a kick in the face to all officers up and down the country who are keeping the “wheel on” on a daily basis.

You're lucky that you've never worked with any officer, or even heard of any officer who is anything other than hard working and always goes that extra mile.
In my career I came across a small number, but everyone knew them. Full of excuses as to why their jobs took longer to do than anyone else's and why their radio reception was worse than everyone else's.
Guess all of those types were in the 20,000 cops who were cut because of austerity.

Member Achievements

Mac7

You're lucky that you've never worked with any officer, or even heard of any officer who is anything other than hard working and always goes that extra mile.
In my career I came across a small number, but everyone knew them. Full of excuses as to why their jobs took longer to do than anyone else's and why their radio reception was worse than everyone else's.
Guess all of those types were in the 20,000 cops who were cut because of austerity.

That isn’t the issue. The issue is a PCC coming out with such comments when policing has been cut and decimated to the point of breaking.

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

That isn’t the issue. The issue is a PCC coming out with such comments when policing has been cut and decimated to the point of breaking.

Well that's your issue with the story.
He said there are 'lead swingers' and then clarified that they are few in number. I can't see what that has to do with how many officers there are.

Member Achievements

Mac7

Well that's your issue with the story.
He said there are 'lead swingers' and then clarified that they are few in number. I can't see what that has to do with how many officers there are.

So you think it’s acceptable for a PCC to make those comments in the context of policing today?

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

So you think it’s acceptable for a PCC to make those comments in the context of policing today?

Yes.

Member Achievements

Mac7

Yes.

I think you’ll be in the minority.

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

I think you’ll be in the minority.

Of what population?

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David