Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Bakes

BBC: Parsons Green Terrorist Attack

Cathedral Bobby

We should be making greater use of the armed forces police, make them specials, and utilise them fully. These officer have PACE training

Ether
34 minutes ago, Cathedral Bobby said:

We should be making greater use of the armed forces police, make them specials, and utilise them fully. These officer have PACE training

Stop coming up with common sense ideas, it doesn't help the unnecessary drama :)

The cops involved in Op Temperer have asked for Service Police, like always it falls on deaf ears.

Edited by Funkywingnut

Cathedral Bobby
9 minutes ago, Funkywingnut said:

The cops involved in Op Temperer have asked for Service Police, like always it falls on deaf ears.

Is it politicians or senior forces personnel who are opposed to their deployment?

Ether
10 minutes ago, Cathedral Bobby said:

Is it politicians or senior forces personnel who are opposed to their deployment?

I truly don't know, If I was to guess I would say it's likely that the military command element want exposure for their particular Regt/Unit.  That and most don't actually realise what the service police do beyond parking tickets. 

I would also imagine there is some reluctance at the higher Police side and the nonsense notion of martial law has been banded around. 

Edited by Funkywingnut

Cathedral Bobby

How many service police are there. I appreciate many will be overseas. It Seems to me having service police on the streets is less. martial law like than soldiers.

Ether
10 minutes ago, Cathedral Bobby said:

How many service police are there. I appreciate many will be overseas. It Seems to me having service police on the streets is less. martial law like than soldiers.

Not sure, I think it's 6000-7000, most are in the UK now with the draw down of Germany and end of Ops in Afghanistan. You could probably mobilise at least a couple of thousand within 24 hrs with consummate ease. All PACE and PST trained and equipped. They could easily (as it's been done before) wear black uniform to minimise publicity.  Many already fulfil Temperer positions but at static sites, which makes no I sense as infantry troops would be far more familiar with that role.

Edited by Funkywingnut

Beaker
1 hour ago, Cathedral Bobby said:

This would sense even to me.  They're obviously more up to speed than squaddies on what you can and can't do.  It would be a trivial matter to get them in front of a Magistrate to swear as well if that was required. 

Cathedral Bobby
3 minutes ago, Funkywingnut said:

Not sure, I think it's 6000-7000, most are in the UK now with the draw down of Germany and end of Ops in Afghanistan. You could probably mobilise at least a couple of thousand within 24 hrs with consummate ease. All PACE and PST trained and equipped. Many already fulfil Temperer positions but at static sites, which makes no I sense as infantry troops would be far more familiar with that role.

Sounds like a plan. I will be with some of your guys on Sunday for the BofB service at York Minster. This will step up security

Ether
Just now, Cathedral Bobby said:

Sounds like a plan. I will be with some of your guys on Sunday for the BofB service at York Minster. This will step up security

Yes I imagine it will, paranoia about large public gatherings will be increased exponentially. 

Free manpower, what's better than that :)

Ether
4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

This would sense even to me.  They're obviously more up to speed than squaddies on what you can and can't do.  It would be a trivial matter to get them in front of a Magistrate to swear as well if that was required. 

It is managed when deployed to the Falklands where all Service Police are sworn in every month as personnel turn around. Easy to manage, any arrest made are handed over to local police at custody. 

All military police can also be armed if needed. 

Cathedral Bobby
1 minute ago, Funkywingnut said:

It is managed when deployed to the Falklands where all Service Police are sworn in every month as personnel turn around. Easy to manage, any arrest made are handed over to local police at custody. 

All military police can also be armed if needed. 

2 to 3 thousand armed officers double crewing with police officers wearing their own uniform but with silitoe tartan cap band to identify civilian jurisdiction. Bring it on

Radman

The issue with the current threat level being raised is that it isnt sustainable to have officers deployed on the streets with these kind of numbers - MOD and CNC are taken away from their locations replaced by Soldiers and the rest of us are extended 12hours permanent shift.

2017 has so far shown us that these attacks arent going to go away - they're going to keep happening, we are effectively fighting a shadow war here and whether we realise that or not we are all players in it.

I am under no illusion that the next 25 years of my policing career will be dominated with this style of terrorism especially as a serving BTP cop.

Whether the Police federation like it or not we need to start getting more officers/boots on the ground from areas other than the HO - officers who are interacting within their communities, know whats going on within them, have their fingers on the pulse at the community centres and religious institutions. Officers who are capable of submitting intelligence and spotting signs of extremism/terrorist intent - this policing is missing from our society and has been for a very long time now... There is a disconnect between the police and our communities.

Not only that but officers who can establish cordons, administer effective first aid and provide some form of basic intervention when the wheel does come off. At the moment we have cut down and stretched county police coupled with pointless, largely unskilled high-vis wearing private security employees contracted on the cheap at the lowest possible price protecting key areas within our towns and cities with nothing inbetween.

Its a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Radman

Mac7

There seems to be a sense of normality to terror attacks now. There does not seem to be the intensive media coverage of this attack than previous attacks. Is it an indication of this is part of everyday life now?

junior_7178
10 minutes ago, Mac7 said:

There seems to be a sense of normality to terror attacks now. There does not seem to be the intensive media coverage of this attack than previous attacks. Is it an indication of this is part of everyday life now?

No, it's because nobody died i suspect. 

Beaker
Is it an indication of this is part of everyday life now?

Welcome back to the 80s/90s.