Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
The Undertaker

London teenager in critical condition after moped collides with police car

The Undertaker

A 16-year-old boy is in a critical condition after a collision between a marked police car and a moped being ridden by three boys.

Full Story - Guardian

Member Achievements

Klaus

It is important to clarify that the police vehicle was parked at the time.

If the IPCC still bring a prosecution or investigation then we know there truly is no hope for common sense.

Member Achievements

HazRat
11 minutes ago, Klaus said:

If the IPCC still bring a prosecution or investigation then we know there truly is no hope for common sense.

It does depend on how it was parked. Providing it wasn't used as a solid block then I can't see where the IPCC can go with it.

Member Achievements

Techie1

Hmm. The guardian failed to mention that!

Member Achievements

Klaus

I can't publicly comment, but if you have a look around some of the other papers do report a bit more than this article. Evening Standard I believe has mentioned it.

Member Achievements

The Undertaker
2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I can't publicly comment what I know but if you have a look around some of the other papers do report more. Evening Standard I believe has mentioned it.

Different media have different takes on the same incident, BBC for example;

"The moped was in collision with the rear offside of a marked police car, which was being driven to a position ahead of the moped," 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40624453

Ahh well these kids were allegedly armed with knives as well, so clearly up to no good.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
1 hour ago, Klaus said:

The story was from the Guardian. Some people are easily fooled and the press just want something contentious. If it is not contentious then they will try and make it so.

In the light of recent attacks would it have been different if they had been in possession of acid?

Member Achievements

Klaus
The story was from the Guardian. Some people are easily fooled and the press just want something contentious. If it is not contentious then they will try and make it so.
In the light of recent attacks would it have been different if they had been in possession of acid?

Good point. I doubt anyone would object in those circumstances given recent articles.

However, reviewing most of the social media posts and online articles about this incident, I'm yet to find a negative comment. They have all been very supportive of the officers which is refreshing.
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby
1 minute ago, Klaus said:

Good point. I doubt anyone would object in those circumstances given recent articles.

However, reviewing most of the social media posts and online articles about this incident, I'm yet to find a negative comment. They have all been very supportive of the officers which is refreshing.

What and having their little bottles of acid burst on them and burn the little darlings, monstrous behaviour by the police. Just made that up but it is how the Guardian would report it.

Member Achievements

SimonT
3 hours ago, HazRat said:

It does depend on how it was parked. Providing it wasn't used as a solid block then I can't see where the IPCC can go with it.

I would imagine many an officer has said the same about the ipcc, to suddenly find themselves under years of criminal and missconduct investigation. 

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Jedi Knight
4 hours ago, Klaus said:

The IPCC will still have to investigate it I would imagine.  I read somewhere in one of the other articles on this that they look at the circumstances and police powers and policy and methods. Most prosecution recommendations by the IPCC I imagine arise from failing to follow one of those procedures. 

Member Achievements

Hyphen

On face value it seems a good thing that they were stopped irrespective of the unfortunate outcome. Multiple criminals riding a suspected stolen moped armed with knives. Of course the circumstances need to be looked at but this needs to be done as quickly as possible and everyone involved can move on.

Member Achievements

HazRat
21 hours ago, SimonT said:

I would imagine many an officer has said the same about the ipcc, to suddenly find themselves under years of criminal and missconduct investigation. 

Indeed,  it there's so little information available. If it was parked and unattended in a normal parking space then I'd say hard luck to the rider. Vision up and ride to the conditions / what you can see and any other driving school gems.

However, it is also being reported that the police vehicle was being manoeuvred into position, thus was moving at the time. I'm sure our friends at Holborn will look into that very deeply. 

5 hours ago, Hyphen said:

On face value it seems a good thing that they were stopped irrespective of the unfortunate outcome. Multiple criminals riding a suspected stolen moped armed with knives. Of course the circumstances need to be looked at but this needs to be done as quickly as possible and everyone involved can move on.

Dream on. This will not be dealt with quickly.

Member Achievements