Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
Techie1

Telegraph: Real-life Robocops will soon replace human police

MerseyLLB

I would wager a sizable sum the Brigadier will not have his 25% of the police in Dubai as robots in 13 years.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Policey_Man

From what I've interpreted - and I might be wrong - it's basically a mobile computer. You can pay fines or report crimes using a touch screen on the front and he can do crowd pleasing things like shaking hands or saluting - but the robot isn't going to be able to do proactive policing, chase criminals and make arrests, is it? It can do what it is programmed to do and so it's going to be an expensive gimmick in my view. 

Clearly this model won't meet UK requirements anyway - he's not dressed in high vis!

• Like 3

Member Achievements

Rocket

Doubt they'll be coming to the Metropolis anytime soon, aren't they still using XP?

Member Achievements

NCFPA
Doubt they'll be coming to the Metropolis anytime soon, aren't they still using XP?

XP still used on command and control workstations (control system is 33 years old and cannot work on anything newer)

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Policey_Man
1 hour ago, Rocket said:

The Met has upgraded most machines to something that's also pretty much out of date except for certain machines which run things such as CAD terminals.... I can't remember of the top of my head, Windows 7 maybe?

Edited by Policey_Man

Member Achievements

Klaus

Our computers run on Windows 8.1 as of last year, although we still have a large number of XP machines.

Member Achievements