Plans, organises and supervises activities to make sure resources are used efficiently and effectively to achieve organisational goals.
Plans and carries out activities in an orderly and well-structured way. Prioritises tasks, uses time in the best possible way, and works within appropriate policy and procedures.
- Decides priorities and organises workload.
- Differentiates between what is urgent and what is important.
- Develops appropriate ways to achieve goals.
- Knows the status of own work and any spare time or resources to do other work.
- Achieves demanding deadlines through careful planning.
- Checks relevant procedures and follows them.
- Maintains orderly, accurate and up-to-date paperwork.
- Creates systems that make information easily accessible.
- Always knows where to find things.
- Does not lose sight of goals.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Takes an unsystematic approach to tasks.
- Deals with tasks as they arrive, without considering priorities.
- Waits until problems arise.
- Does not differentiate between the levels of importance of tasks.
- Does not check for or spot mistakes and inconsistencies.
- Consistently fails to meet deadlines due to poor planning.
- Tries to achieve everything personally.
- Takes inappropriate short cuts.
- Takes a fixed approach – does not monitor and re-assess plans.
- Does not consider costs when planning activities.
- Cannot work on a number of priorities at the same time.