Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Delivers on promises, puts in the extra effort to succeed, displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness. Acts with a high degree of integrity.
Readily accepts responsibility for self and others. Takes responsibility for managing situations and problems. Leads by example, showing a commitment and a determination to succeed. Continues to learn and develop.
- Sets personal goals and monitors own achievement.
- Takes responsibility when things go wrong or when others cannot handle situations.
- Concentrates and shows patience during long operations or activities.
- Takes control and asserts authority where necessary.
- Confronts and deals with issues and situations.
- Learns from mistakes and considers how to approach things differently in the future.
- Takes an energetic and committed approach to the job.
- Tries hard to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Challenges others people’s decisions or actions if they are inappropriate.
- Asks for and acts on feedback and criticism.
- Sets high standards of behaviour for themselves and others, and acts consistently with these.
- Is open and honest with people.
- Passes responsibility upwards inappropriately.
- Is not concerned about letting others down.
- Will not deal with issues, just hopes that they will go away.
- Blames others rather than admitting to mistakes or looking for help.
- Unwilling to take on responsibility.
- Puts in the minimum effort that is needed to get by.
- Shows a negative and disruptive attitude.
- Shows little energy or enthusiasm for work.
- Expresses a cynical attitude to the organisation and their job.
- Gives up easily when faced with problems.
- Fails to recognise personal weaknesses and development needs.
- Makes little or no attempt to develop self or keep up to date.