Jump to content
Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
Neenaw

Pay scale

Recommended Posts

Neenaw

Hi all,

In process of applying to join Surrey Police, got a question regarding pay...

(Table of pay from here https://www.policeoracle.com/pay_and_conditions/police_pay_scales.html)


Pay point

With effect from 1 September 2013

With effect from 1 April 2014

With effect from 1 September 2014

0

£19,191

£19,191

£19,383 (a), (b)

1

£22,221

£22,221

£22,443 (c)

2

£23,229

£23,229

£23,460 (d)

3

£24,240

£24,240

£24,483

4

£25,251

£25,251

£25,503

5

£27,270

£27,270

£27,543

6

£31,341

£31,341

£31,653

7

£36,885

£36,885

£37,254

 

Does the salary go up every year automatically or are there targets/performance criteria to meet each year at a review?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

TheCu

These are a few years out of date. It's been going up by 1% every 1st Sep so it is 22896 now for starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

Klaus

Here's the up to date pay scales:

http://www.polfed.org/ranks/3277.aspx

In Surrey you will start on pay point 1, and then after one years service go to point 2, then a year later point 3, etc.

At present, you advance on anniversary of joining with no assessment required. They are looking to make it so that you need to get signed off each year in order to advance but that's not in place yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

Hades
On 22/12/2016 at 18:56, Klaus said:

Here's the up to date pay scales:

http://www.polfed.org/ranks/3277.aspx

In Surrey you will start on pay point 1, and then after one years service go to point 2, then a year later point 3, etc.

At present, you advance on anniversary of joining with no assessment required. They are looking to make it so that you need to get signed off each year in order to advance but that's not in place yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

However, you DO now get assessed before moving to pay point 4....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

MerseyLLB
On 13/04/2017 at 00:35, Hades said:

However, you DO now get assessed before moving to pay point 4....

And different forces interpret that differently.

Merseyside counted it as at the end of your third year (in line with College of Policing guidance) whereas Kent count it as the end of your fourth year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

Klaus

It depends as to whether you joined onto the old payscales or the new ones as pay point 4 can be either 3 years or 4 years in dependent on that.


Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

MerseyLLB
6 hours ago, Klaus said:

It depends as to whether you joined onto the old payscales or the new ones as pay point 4 can be either 3 years or 4 years in dependent on that.


Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

I'm on the old scale...MerPol put that at year 3 as do the college of policing, Kent put it at year 4...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

  • 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

    Meet The Team

  • Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David
    David Global Moderators
  • Devil
    Devil Global Moderators
  • MindTheGap
    MindTheGap Global Moderators
  • Sir Penguin
    Sir Penguin Global Moderators
  • Remmy
    Remmy Global Moderators
  • Fedster
    Fedster Global Moderators
×