Student Officer - Blackstone's?

Collar

Hello everyone,

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to the best Blackstone's Policing Manuals to go for in the case of a new student Police Constable?

Is it worth buying all four or is there a specific one relating to IPLDP and new student Officers?

There appears to be a lot of conflicting information.

Thanks in advance :)

The Blackstone's Handbook for Policing Students 2017 has a tonne of stuff in it right through from what IPLDP consists of to specific offences. Had the 2016 version and it is quite comprehensive in covering practically everything. Well worth the investment.

The trainers are the best source of info - they'll tell you exactly what they think you need.

• Like 1

• Admin Team

As above, Blackstone's handbook for policing. 

However may be worth waiting and seeing if your force has a library in the training facility? We have one and I've taken mine out on long term loan.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to someone from training who suggested getting the new 2017 Blackstone's Handbook for Policing Students.

Wasn't too badly priced at £30 and it appears pretty well structured :)