Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
Spiros

Vetting

Spiros

Hello guys,

I would like to ask if, in the vetting process, the police checks someone's details in another country. For example, I am greek. Would the police contact the greek police authorities to verify my details?

Many thanks in advance,

Spiros

Member Achievements

blakey

that's down to the vetting officers discretion, but whatever you put down on the farm they will look into

Member Achievements

Spiros

Thanks for your reply. Does it take longer for non uk citizens?

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
8 hours ago, Spiros said:

Thanks for your reply. Does it take longer for non uk citizens?

Yes it will as they will have to request info from your home country. 

Member Achievements

Spiros

I'm very stressed. I passed the whole assessment and actually vetting is far more stressful these that.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
39 minutes ago, Spiros said:

I'm very stressed. I passed the whole assessment and actually vetting is far more stressful these that.

Shouldn't be unless you are worried they will find something. Its not that in depth don't worry they won't find out your favourite websites :) 

Edited by funkywingnut

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
1 hour ago, Spiros said:

Haha. Hopefully not. It's just some stuff with the army in Greece

They should request all you criminal history and dealings with the police including your military record, whether they do or not is another matter.  Given that Greece is in Europe then they should provide it. 

Member Achievements

blakey

Vetting is just patience my vetting took 2 Months for a special

Edited by blakey

Member Achievements

Chief Cheetah

Vetting is a very dark art.  

I left the constabulary a couple of years ago after over 25 years service as a fully attested constable.  In this last couple of years I was certified to work with children and vetted for a few other things.  I volunteered for a role not with my local constabulary but to do work that affects and involves  the police considerably and which is based in the local police station meaning I required unfettered access to that building, not to custody or other secure offices but to all other parts of the building.  Because of this level of access I had to undergo police vetting.

My vetting took just slightly over 6 months despite all my service as a constable at that station and despite all of the other checks that had been made on me for other roles.

Vetting is a dark art and it requires the patience of a saint.  Vetting is out of your hands and there is nothing you an do to affect it once they start.  Stick with it and you'll get there.

• Like 3

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David