Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Lima Mike88

Recruitment Process

Lima Mike88

Evening everyone , hope you are all well. I am currently in the vetting and medical stage and sent off forms nearly two months ago. I haven't heard anything even after emailing. Is it usual to take this long at this stage?

Member Achievements

TheCu

Yes and no, no clear answer as it depend on both Force and applicant. Call HR and ask, that's what I did when I thought it was taking it long and they gave an update re how long. 

Member Achievements

danswans

I've just phoned HR myself for Kent police. I start next month. I wanted an update on my vetting. They put me through to the central vetting unit for Kent police and she was able to update me via the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Achievements

Ironic

Hi Englishgirl,

The minimum age for the Specials is 18 and there is no maximum limit as per say. :) - Unless this has changed at all recently.

Member Achievements

bleach28

Hi anybody near the end of their recruitment process ? I am and the waiting is unbearable . Every time you pass one hurdle and breathe a sigh of relief then the next one comes along and makes you feel anxious all over again . Im hoping to start my training end of November if all goes to plan . Very excited but then slightly nervous about being out in the streets and not having the treats of knowledge to feel confident straight away .

Sent from my iPad using Police Community

Kerrybee1

I'm currently awaiting vetting and references to come back before training with west Mercia for specials.... Frustrating that everything else went so quick yet since they told me I'd passed the assessment centre it's been over a month with hearing nothing

Sent from my iPad using Police Community

Dp88

Hi. I am currently in the Specials training and have my final exam coming up. I still feel a little nervy hoping that I pass the final exam and that will hopefully lead to new future ahead of me. The waiting was unbearable and everyday I was checking my emails like a mad woman! You will hear back, it can take some time but it will all work out in the end. It seems like a long process but looking back now I can't believe just how quick the time has flown by. The trainers in Maidstone are fantastic and are so so supportive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the Police Community App

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David