Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Jaffers

Medical report

Jaffers

Hi,

Is there anyone on here that had to wait for their GP to write a report before they were given the green light by the OHU?

The reason I ask is because all I'm waiting for is my medical to be signed off so I can start training as a SC at the beginning of September.

I just want to know how long it took for your GP to respond?

I've literally got under 3 weeks for them to respond!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Member Achievements

drummer

Yes, but I approached my GP myself, who then wrote a letter to OH. I collected the letter and emailed it in. It was all dealt with within a few days. Cost about £20 for the letter.

Sent from my iPad using Police Community

Member Achievements

Jaffers

I'm going to find out what exactly they want and try push the GP to get it done ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Member Achievements

danswans

With my force, they give you a medical questionnaire which you take to the GP. They normally just fill it in as they have access to your records. They may require you to come in and do it with them. There's normally a charge for this as its classed as a appointment / done in spare time. Mine was £40 - fully reclaimable with the receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Achievements

miffy

I filled out the form, GP read it and signed it. Took me less than 20 mins and cost me £25 which I claimed back.

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

Just give your GP a call and ask them to speed it up a bit. I asked them to do it with mine and it got done the same day. 

Member Achievements

@Wildlife_Mgr

I was told we couldn't claim the expenses back... I've not actually made it that far in the application process yet, got my NRAC 8th Jan. However, when I applied (for my sins) for my taxi drivers badge I needed to have a medical, that cost me £100!

Sent from my SM-G920F using the Police Community App

MajorDisaster

One option, as time was tight on mine, I scanned and emailed it to OHU the same day.  They were happy with that as long as I took the original with me on medical day.  As it happened I was able to drop it in before hand, but it was good to give them the extra lead time as they needed to discuss some things in my history with me.

Member Achievements

JD180

Simple for me, questionnaire for GP to fill in. No charge and done in 10 minutes.

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David