IPLDP (Training for the regs!) - 4 weeks in by Eddzz!! - Discussion Thread

Blandy

That's the plan. Making the most of it however the standard of training we now receive for the PC course is shameful. They refuse to give any input on legislation as its expected that we know it all before we arrive.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddzz!!

• XA84

• Prae

• Blandy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been meaning to write this blog for a while and as I sit here studying for my definitions check this Friday, I can think of no better time than to avoid said study and put into words my experie

Over a year since I wrote this - oh how things have changed!!

I take no offence at all. I'm speaking purely from my own experience. My regulars training was 14 weeks long and I can say 100% truthfully that other than suspect interviewing I took very little awa

This is my fear. I'm just about to go off to start my PC training for 13 weeks. However I feel it'll be no use or I won't learn a lot more. I'm approaching 2000 hours for the year and am out single crewed on response. I've been lucky enough to have been taught how to deal with things by very good officers. Somehow I think I'll end up finding going back for 13 weeks as a waste.

Whilst at the end of the training you may find its not been all that good it's important to go into it with an open mind. You will learn bits and bobs of updated legislation and perhaps interviewing like I did if nothing else.

Don't be a know it all or be coarse towards the trainers because they'll nail you to a post, rightly or wrongly. Use your knowledge, confidence and experience to your own advantage and to coach others who you may see are struggling around you and you'll do yourself credit. That's what I did and I've made some amazing friends for life.

At the end of the day this will be the last 13 weeks for many years to come, possibly for the rest of your working life where you'll be getting regular breaks and know what time you're getting home every day whilst working sociable hours. Savour every moment!

• Like 1
Blandy

That's exactly my plan! It's dangerous going in thinking you know it all and I don't plan to do that. Just going to use the experience as an aid to getting through the training.

Sir Penguin

Great post and very insightful for someone who is about to go through the process! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From the same force as Prae, one special who recently became a reg said he learnt a lot from the regulars training , but then again his knowledge as a special may of been questionable :P The SC training I had was top notch, Knowledge was well ground in the only thing I'd like to of learnt during it was more on domestics (so we can do domestic forms), and interviewing/case building as It feels like such a drain on regs to arrest someone and just hand them over..

Edited by Eebs
  • 1 month later...
Eddzz!!
2 hours ago, XA84 said:

@Eddzz!! we need our fix!  :02_EmoticonsHDcom:

I should have some free time this week :P 

Edited by Eddzz!!
  • Like 1

Thanks for this insight Eddzz!!, I start my training on Monday for the West Mids and I was very intrigued as to what the first week would hold. I've been trying to get my head down and learn the prep work we were given on our pre-enrolment night but there seems to be so much to learn just at this stage (I'm sure this isn't even making a slight dent in things to come) I'm completely new to policing so my head seems to be just spinning, looking through the literature.

Looks like I need to knuckle down again over the weekend and get through it, very interesting read though...it's just made me even more excited to start now, let the hard work commence.

I look forward to further updates along the way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Really enjoyed reading this so thanks for sharing it, sounds like you enjoyed it even if it was daunting at times :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Eddzz!!
Really enjoyed reading this so thanks for sharing it, sounds like you enjoyed it even if it was daunting at times [emoji4]

Over a year since I wrote this - oh how things have changed!!
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...