Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Popeye

Post your Tac Vest

Popeye

This is an extension to the Post your belt kit. 

Just wondering how people have their Tac Vest layed out. 

Please keep this post focusing on Tac vests only and not utility belts.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

DB11

Not contributing your own?

Member Achievements

Adamski

He's on an intake and so doesn't have one.

Member Achievements

Popeye

Not contributing your own?

I will be contributing mine when I get it. I have my welcome evening tomorrow when I get my uniform.

Member Achievements

andi
Tac Vest:

FMiZmpB.jpg

Aegis Modular vest

Right Side: Cuff Pouch, CS Pouch, Pens :D

Left Side: Baton Pouch, Torch, and pouch with limb restraints, multi tool, Res-Q-Me, CPR shield in.

​From the belt thread. I've moved my baton now though, so it's all the way over to the left almost under my arm. No pics as its in my locker. Added a thin blue line union jack under my radio too!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

AnthonyB

I've not used a belt since 2009 since our then more financially well off force's OH department authorised alternatives.

For most times of the year when it is warm enough:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24wz57th4gzasog/HV Mehler.jpg?dl=0

Body armour with fixed PAVA, baton & cuff holders, klick fast docks used for Blackberry holder & Airwave holder, mic loop for issue LED torch

For winter or other times I'm in my long coat or fleece (stock photo, it's the solid vinyl one, not the mesh one but otherwise absolutely identical:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1y8orofk17q528/tac_hi_vis.jpg?dl=0 

I do clip my first aid pouch to my trouser belt and limb restraints to a klick fast on my trousers, they weigh nothing so it doesn't give me grief.

IMG_20150514_182105878 (774x800).jpg

tac_hi_vis.jpg

Member Achievements

Uppy

Whats your baton like to draw @AnthonyB? Looks awakward at that height presuming you have to pull it up and out looking at the pictures.

Member Achievements

SJ

Whats your baton like to draw @AnthonyB? Looks awakward at that height presuming you have to pull it up and out looking at the pictures.

​My tac vest is like the second picture but in tacticool black instead of day-glo.  It is a pull up and out to draw it, but I think its just as easy as drawing from a belt rig albeit you can't draw it on the sly.  The spray pouch on the other hand is a nightmare and after 7 years of wearing a tac vest I still struggle to draw it in one smooth motion like I did with the Peter Jones belt pouch.  Hope that helps.

Member Achievements

AnthonyB

​Yes, with a 26" it looks awkward and is easier with a 21" (which I used to have), however having trained with & used it for many years I've got to a stage where it's second nature. I prefer the top draw of the armour and old style Protec vest to the half falling out down draw holster on the new stuff.

The PAVA draw is a lot easier with the armour holster than the vest's, but again I've got used to it. 

Member Achievements

Ashby

​From the belt thread. I've moved my baton now though, so it's all the way over to the left almost under my arm. No pics as its in my locker. Added a thin blue line union jack under my radio too!

​Wish we was issued with black ones but my force has opted for the Hi-Vis version of that.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Eddzz!!

Booo - death to tac vests! 

*disappears back to belt thread*

• Like 1

Member Achievements

rosco

This is an extension to the Post your belt kit. 

Just wondering how people have their Tac Vest layed out. 

Please keep this post focusing on Tac vests only and not utility belts.

​Just saw this thread : to be honest there's very little variation possible with Tac Vests as they come with fixed pouches (differing only if you are a leftie or a rightie) : the only options are generally:

- Which side you put your radio
- which light you mount on the other side
- where you put rank sliders
- what extra badge(s) you might wear

plus of course the completely free choice as to what you store in the internal pockets.

FWIW, I am left-handed, and have:

-my radio on LHS (basically less likely to stab my eye with the antenna, which is on left side)
 - Quiqlite-X on right-hand side
- rank sliders on epaulettes 
- FAAW and name badge on front right

and an assortment of stuff in the pockets such as:
 - map of area
 - knife tube with eviidence bags and labels
 - couple of bags with Cannabis Street warning, S59 , DtL maps and some other forms, one on each side
 - sometimes a pair of gloves, and/or traffic wand (depending on duty)

This is duplicated on both TacVests (low and hi viz ones).

Stab vest also has pockets, where I store stuff such as first aid supplies, leg straps, traffic tickets and backup pen and torch.

Trouser pockets I have some forms (Stop/Search, S.35), cuff keys, penknife, glue, lighter, Resq-me, Resusitation Face shield, plus PNB and warrant card.

Normal belt has main torch, glove pouch and mobile phone holder plus a loop to put car keys on.

Member Achievements

andi

​Just saw this thread : to be honest there's very little variation possible with Tac Vests as they come with fixed pouches (differing only if you are a leftie or a rightie) 

Unless you use the tac vest both myself and the OP use, which is pretty infinitely variable, as shown in the photo I posted in this very thread. 

Member Achievements

rosco

Unless you use the tac vest both myself and the OP use, which is pretty infinitely variable, as shown in the photo I posted in this very thread. 

Few forces have the Molle type vest, AFAIK.

Member Achievements

AnthonyB

It's a regional item available to 4 forces where I am and all except ours use them as standard (hi vis ones) so that's another three on the list that use them!

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David