Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
rosco

Looking for new Special Inspectors in Wiltshire

rosco

Following job posting was placed earlier today: open to any candidates either internal or external, but short deadline (1 week), you don't have to be already a S/Inspector, or even a Special (sort of direct entry):

Volunteer Vacancy - Special Inspector

Job Title:  Special Inspector
Salary:  N/A
SAFF:  N/A
No of positions available:  3
Type (Temp/Perm/FTC):  Voluntary
Hours per week:  Variable
Description:

Wiltshire Police prides itself in working alongside its communities in tackling crime and local issues whilst empowering members of the community to be actively involved in volunteer roles within the organisation.  

An essential element of the Force is the Wiltshire Police Special Constabulary which has over 160 members of the public supporting the organisation in preventing and reducing crime whilst providing reassurance to their local communities.

The Special Constabulary’s Inspectors are dynamic, inspirational leaders whom are committed to driving the strategic business of the Special Constabulary.

These posts (3) are voluntary roles with a fixed five-year tenure at which point the roles may be advertised with the current holders being eligible to reapply; or the tenure of the current incumbents may be extended for a further period.

Nominally based at Devizes, Police HQ the successful applicants will work alongside the Superintendent Crime Prevention and Special Superintendent Volunteers to provide Special Constabulary support to identified Force priorities.

The post holders will have responsibility for the leadership, training and development of Special Constabulary Officers within Wiltshire, and be part of the main team for all strategic Special Constabulary matters via the Specials Coordinator as required. The post holders will be required to engage with other forces and the Home Office on a regular basis to maintain and share best practice.

All applicants should enclose a current CV and a document that in no more than 250 words expresses who they would meet the key competencies of this voluntary role.

The successful candidates (if not already a current Special Constable) will go through the basic Special Constable training programme and on successful completion of this will be appointed as an Acting Special Inspector. All those selected will be required to successfully complete the residential Special Constabulary Senior Leaders Course at which point they will be appointed as a Temporary Special Inspector and work towards substantive rank over a period of 12-months.

Please contact the recruitment team at PoliceOfficerRecruitment@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk to request an application form.

Applications must be completed by hand and returned to the recruitment team at Wiltshire Police Headquarters, London Road, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 2DN by 17:00 on Wednesday 25th May 2016.

Job Ref No:  PS1671
Closing Date and Time:  25/05/2016 at 17:00

Documents:

docJD - Special Inspector

Wiltshire Police is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

When applying for this post please quote the above Job Ref No. 

http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/jobs/volunteers/volunteer-vacancies/1121-special-inspector

Member Achievements

sparkydale

Do I read correctly?  Direct entry Special Inspectors?  

Member Achievements

Eebs
4 hours ago, sparkydale said:

Followed closely by "What could possibly go wrong?!"

Member Achievements

rosco
16 hours ago, sparkydale said:

Certainly looks like it to me.

12 hours ago, Eebs said:

Followed closely by "What could possibly go wrong?!"

We'll obviously see, but a bit different from the concerns about direct entry for regulars, as there will be little operational difference between the S/Insp and SC: it's mostly in the management/strategy side that they'll do more.

Member Achievements

Eebs
2 hours ago, rosco said:

Certainly looks like it to me.

We'll obviously see, but a bit different from the concerns about direct entry for regulars, as there will be little operational difference between the S/Insp and SC: it's mostly in the management/strategy side that they'll do more.

Without a doubt, Direct entry to regular insp. is way more of a commitment and work, and you are responsible for a lot more people and work ect ect blah blah whatever else comes with it :P , as you say S/insp just manage people, i suppose somewhat still have a reasonable amount of responsibility, but they can always revert to sc or s/sgt if they fail at a certain point, like direct entry to regular insp so it's not all bad

I was actually looking at jobs within the Wiltershire police as well and saw the chief constables driver. The qualifications they want and only paying £19k i seriously doubt they'd get anybody, unless they're desperate for a/that job :P, Advanced driving/is unlikely, Add onto that a qualifed driving instructer...and convoy/defence driver..yeah I doubt it :P , A normal instructer for MOPs monday-friday 9-5 earns more, and thats before you're called out at 1am to deliver royalty to the loo at wiltshire palace.. (made up scenario) ;) Well i meet half the Reqs anyway ;) 

Edited by Eebs

Member Achievements

rosco
52 minutes ago, Eebs said:

53 minutes ago, Eebs said:

I was actually looking at jobs within the Wiltershire police as well and saw the chief constables driver. The qualifications they want and only paying £19k i seriously doubt they'd get anybody, unless they're desperate for a/that job :P, Advanced driving/is unlikely, Add onto that a qualifed driving instructer...and convoy/defence driver..yeah I doubt it :P , A normal instructer for MOPs monday-friday 9-5 earns more, and thats before you're called out at 1am to deliver royalty to the loo at wiltshire palace.. (made up scenario) ;) Well i meet half the Reqs anyway ;) 

Sounds ideal though if you're a recent police officer retiree though looking to get a bit of cash still in a less stressful role.

Member Achievements

Eebs

Well you'd need to be a qualified driving instructer which will run you a few grand :c, LGV too another grand or two ^_^

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David