Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

grumeister

Freemasonry in the job

grumeister

Hello all

Saw a similar thread on the other site and found it quite interesting. Just wondering if there were any masons on here who are serving regular officers?

How do you juggle your lodge meetings with the different shift patterns?

Thanks

Member Achievements

Nelson

I suppose it's the same as any club or hobby you have, and you just go to the meetings when you're not working! 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Techie1

surely you just ask number 5 to sort out your shift pattern for you, then do the funny handshake? 

Member Achievements

E29NP

Hello all

Saw a similar thread on the other site and found it quite interesting. Just wondering if there were any masons on here who are serving regular officers?

How do you juggle your lodge meetings with the different shift patterns?

Thanks

​Im not in the Job but I am a very active Freemason. There are a couple of what we call ' Blue Lodges ' in my Province.  As the majority of Lodges only meet 5-6 times a year, you have to work around it.  The commitment is explained to a potential candidate before joining. 

Member Achievements

jviney

My father is convinced ALL police officers are freemasons and a funny handshake will get you out of any trouble. Anyone else?

Member Achievements

E29NP

My father is convinced ALL police officers are freemasons and a funny handshake will get you out of any trouble. Anyone else?

​Your Father obviously obtained his degree in that subject from researching Wikipedia then! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by E29NP

Member Achievements

Chief Cheetah

​ I could give you the honest answer to that but then I'd need to make the special signal and then you'd disappear.

At the end of the day the Freemasons do an awful lot of good, a lot more good than anything else.  Like any other large organisation they have their secrets and they have the odd rogue member, but this is true of every large organisation, group, company etc.

There is nothing nefarious about freemasonary, apart from the fact they never invited me to join, but that's their loss.  I know a lot of people who are members of a lodge and they are open and honest about almost everything.  The stuff they don't discuss is lodge business and really of no consequence to anybody, I'd trust them with my life, often have.  

Oddly enough I've been in the police for a very long time, there are a heck of a lot more members of police forces who aren't freemasons than are.

• Like 2

Member Achievements

jviney

​Your Father obviously obtained his degree in that subject from researching Wikipedia then! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

​Oh I think his views were very firmly fixed prior to the existence of wikipedia. He also believes there is some kind of satanic ritual/religion involved in freemasonry. I could go on...

Member Achievements

E29NP

​Oh I think his views were very firmly fixed prior to the existence of wikipedia. He also believes there is some kind of satanic ritual/religion involved in freemasonry. I could go on...

​I won't entertain the Troll!!

Member Achievements

jviney

I do hope you don't think I'm trolling. I just find his views rather amusing!

Member Achievements

bensonby

Can you be a Freemason and a Freeman though?!

• Like 2

Member Achievements

E29NP

Can you be a Freemason and a Freeman though?!

​Well put question!  I would say no as Freemen believe laws are a form of contract and it only applies if you consent to them.  Us Freemasons are taught that we pay due obedience to the laws of any State. 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

MajorDisaster

Resurrecting a slightly dormant thread - I've just come in from a festive visit to a 'sister' lodge in town (can't beat a free Christmas dinner and a lift so I could have a drink).  I became a Mason before I became a Special. In my Lodge we have one serving officer and one retired DCI (who has some fantastic pre-PACE tales).  The serving Brother tells me there are numerous other Masons on the force.  I enjoy it immensely and recommend it wholeheartedly.

Edited by MajorDisaster

Member Achievements

grumeister
Resurrecting a slightly dormant thread - I've just come in from a festive visit to a 'sister' lodge in town (can't beat a free Christmas dinner and a lift so I could have a drink).  I became a Mason before I became a Special. In my Lodge we have one serving officer and one retired DCI (who has some fantastic pre-PACE tales).  The serving Brother tells me there are numerous other Masons on the force.  I enjoy it immensely and recommend it wholeheartedly.
I used to he one and loved it. However with the shift pattern i work i coukdnt make enough meetings to make the subscriptions worth paying so gave it up. I was the youngest in my lodge by skme decades but still found it enjoyable

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal

Zulu22 is open about on the forum about his Freemasonary. Perhaps he can offer some insight as well?

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David