Notice Board
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Great Deals

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

oscar24

House/flat share

oscar24

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

Ill keep this short as poss. Basically i am in process of becoming police staff member with Essex Police. I am looking to see if anyone knows of anyone (preferably in the force) that needs a house/flat mate OR that is renting out a one bedroom property.

My max allowance for this is £700 Per Calender Month (PCM) and i would like to move in end of May if all goes to plan.

I would like this to include:

Simple furnishing

Car Parking

Include bills

I thank you for any reply. Stay safe out there!

Member Achievements

SC Tom

I'll have a look on the internal stuff for you.

Where abouts in the county are you going to be based?

Member Achievements

oscar24

Apologies I wasn't subscribed to topic so just saw your response. That will be much appreciated. I'm going to be at Harlow, but I'm looking to reside in Chelmsford. I have applied for PC and staff role, hopefully get the PC but either way I'm moving. Thanks

Member Achievements

SC Tom

No worries.

There isn't anything local shown internally, but I will keep an eye out.

Though you won't struggle to find somewhere in Chelmsford if you're looking to rent.

Member Achievements

prolixia

Perhaps this is overly cautious, and I'm sure it goes without saying, but keep your wits about you when sharing details or viewing properties that you've found via the forum. 

Most/all forces are currently advising their officers and staff to avoid identifying themselves as such on social media and there is no guarantee that even established members on the forum are who they claim to be.  If someone contacts you and says "Sure thing buddy - I have a room spare in my flat, come and view it" then you are potentially entering the house of someone you don't know at all having already identified yourself as an employee of a police force, and therefore could be at risk.

That being said, good luck with the move and your new job!

Member Achievements

Tempo

Thought I would reply to this thread instead of creating a new one.

I am due to start my training as a PC for Essex Police on the 21st May and will be relocating for the role so just putting the feelers out there to see if anybody else will be in the same situation and would be looking to house share or if anybody already in the force rents out properties/rooms.

thanks in advance 

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David