OSX: YOSEMITE

SW_matt

Hi!

Last year I attempted to install  osx yosemite on my 2012 macbook pro. Unfortunately doing this rendered my macbook completely unusable, start up was around 5- 10 minutes, programs took an age to load and also microsoft office for mac would open and then close after 30 secs saying my licence was invalid. In short I ended up restoring the OS from a back up losing a-lot of work and having to fork out for a new licence (not cheap).

I'm willing to give it a go again as I know there have been a few patches and its now a-lot better. The main thing I need to know is are there any known issues with microsoft 365 for mac and am i likely to loose the licence again?

cheers,

matt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParochialYokal

• SW_matt

• JVet

• Milankovitch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!

Last year I attempted to install  osx yosemite on my 2012 macbook pro. Unfortunately doing this rendered my macbook completely unusable, start up was around 5- 10 minutes, programs took an age to load and also microsoft office for mac would open and then close after 30 secs saying my licence was invalid. In short I ended up restoring the OS from a back up losing a-lot of work and having to fork out for a new licence (not cheap).

I'm willing to give it a go again as I know there have been a few patches and its now a-lot better. The main thing I need to know is are there any known issues with microsoft 365 for mac and am i likely to loose the licence again?

cheers,

matt

I access docs on MS365 and the main user of the account only has macs and not yet mentioned any issues - so they access/use on mac and I access/use via windows and neither of us have any problems

• Admin Team

With an issue like this you're probably best seeking advice from the apple genius or people whatever they call themselves. It's not worth losing important work! 

Cheers everyone, i've done as suggested and install went smoothly. I got stuck on the restart screen over night but booted in safe mode and all was fine. Pretty clunky at first but ran a system clean and all fine again.

My Mac Mini has been really slow. It never occurred to me that it may be a result of the upgrade to Yosemite.

Thanks for helping me out 2 and 2 together.

I did purchase a 8GB RAM upgrade, which I must get round to installing. I will see if this makes a difference.

I'm after upgrading the ram and putting an ssd in mine, I just need to find a place that will do the work as I'm nowhere near confident enough to do it myself

What part of the world do you live in?

I had a company replace my HDD and they cover London and the SE.

I did the RAM and SSD in my Macbook Pro, it really is a piece of cake, 10 min job max. If you can use a screwdriver you can do it.

What part of the world do you live in?

I had a company replace my HDD and they cover London and the SE.

I'm not far away actually I shall have poke around on google!

I did the RAM and SSD in my Macbook Pro, it really is a piece of cake, 10 min job max. If you can use a screwdriver you can do it.

I think i will watch a few youtube videos and gauge it from that

I put an SSD and ram upgrade in my 3.5 year old Mac book pro myself, very easy, and what a difference! It now boots to login screen from power on in just under 15 seconds!

I have watched a few youtube vids and it doesn't seem all that griefy to be fair

I have watched a few youtube vids and it doesn't seem all that griefy to be fair

It isn't, the hardest thing is making sure you get the screws back in the right places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have look for a decent drive, any recommendations? Samsungs ssd's seem pretty popular