Nottingham Police Station stormed in protest

Fedster

I am all for people voicing their opinions, this just seemed like them forcing their opinions on others.

Edited by Fedster

• Management

Serious stuff, so serious it almost (but not quite) reached the level of 'storm in a tea cup', unfortunately it never quite managed to get beyond a gentle breeze in a styrofoam cup.

Why on earth let them get-away with it.

It's a security threat.

Get out or you will be removed.

Ask, tell, make.

• Like 2

Why on earth let them get-away with it.

It's a security threat.

Get out or you will be removed.

Ask, tell, make.

I agree, but no doubt the reasons poured out would be lack of sufficient staff to remove them (esp if it went belly up), public perception, excessive reaction to peaceful protest, the usual excuses....

It looked like the EDL's Sunday reserves.  The usual brave, ignorant and mildly provocative warriors with faces covered were evident too.  The older guy with the red bomber jacket on ought to have been supplying his name and address for summons for what was written on his t-shirt.

They managed to get into the rear yard shared with the firefighters. So...  nothing really. All of them are well known locally for their freeman activities, most recently in relation to an eviction (just google Tom Crawford). The dude in the red shirt is Mickey Summers - also a long running "campaigner" and well known... 

Its a security breach. Its just my opinion, but I don't think they should be standing there negotiating with people. They should be physically removing and arresting them. I expected to see a serial of TSG piling into them!

I'm a fan of the way the Met dealt with this incident

To a greater extent in Holland they didn't mess about when protesters tried to storm a station

• Like 1

Neither of those cases are that similar to the one in the OP though. The one in London has a much larger crowd trying to force their way in and the Dutch one, again, has a much larger crowd with missiles being thrown. A few of the local numpties turning up and barely making it into the car park isn't really comparable.