Airsofters Unite

Valdore

Hi all, I've recently been getting into Airsoft courtesy of a friend, and figured there are probably a few airsofters amongst the police community, so here's a place to chat and discuss!

My regular site is Com's Site 3, am old WW2 communal site in a woodland area run by RIFT Airsoft, and I'm playing there this weekend in fact, first night game ever . . . Should be interesting!

Other than that, I've also looked at Cotswold Airsoft and am planning on heading to the next game there to try it out.

How about you all?

Just starting to get into it. Turns out my trainer is also an avid airsofter at the same site as me!

• Like 2

Going for my first game next Saturday. Can't wait! Already know what rifle I want as soon as I get my UKARA licence!

• Management

Are we gonna start posting picture of your weapons?

And I mean guns by the way... nothing more sinister :)

I can do, though no posing with them, I suspect we've all seen the trouble that can get you into!

Well, the night game was quite enjoyable, though there were definitely some lessons to be learnt as it was the first one the organisers had run. I had great fun with an FLIR one that I shouldn't really have bought, but it was a fantastic asset in the almost pitch black, to the point where I was within a metre of someone without them knowing I was there, able to see every move he made. A quick colour challenge and he wound up with a BB to the chest . . . I probably should've knifed him though. Slight downside for me was taking a step in pitch black and ending up rather quickly on my back in an empty pool with a painful leg!

Equipment wise, I'm running an ASG Scorpion Evo 3 A1 with a Strike Systems 1x RDS, PEQ16A box, 11.1V 1300mAh battery and after today, 0.30g BBs . . . Barring any wind, it is like a laser out to 40m and can regularly hit 50m with some drop!

I've not played for a while due to finances but previously played at First&Only 'The Embassy' and when I can get back into it I'll be at First&Only 'The Towers' seeing as The Embassy has closed.

I run a generic 'black kit'/ARV loadout using an ICS M4 and a WE Gen4 G17. Yes my G17s slide is blue as I didnt have UKARA when I bought it (still dont - I buy from the F&O site owners now so dont need UKARA as they use site records to verify) and it's colour makes zero difference to it's effectiveness

20130813_220023_zpsca363c9d.jpg

On the M4 that's a working 4x32 ACOG replica and a functional M500 handguard. Internally all I've done is upgrade from the stock M90 it comes with to a non-linear M100 but I'm waiting for the Hop to bed in before deciding whether to replace the stock rubber (which I hear can occasionally be quite good once bedded in) with a straight rubber and H-nub. At the moment range can be quite pants but I've not yet had chance to dial in the hop and test the range now I've put the M100 in which should have helped quite a bit.

Edited by Burnie

I'm fairly keen. I just have to get round to actually going to games! I'm a bit of a fair weather airsofter haha. Been playing a few games with "Infiltration Airsoft" that have a really good games series going at present.

Ever fancy going to EAG Epsom.or Dorking Soap?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Airsoft? Nahhhh paintball for me :D

Edited by Space Marine

Paintball?

That's just decorating in the woods. :p

Edited by Burnie

I did scenario paintball for years and was even in a sponsored team at one point, but I've finally come over to airsoft because its cheaper, and cleaner! The crowd seems a bit more mature too.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

I haven't been for a while to be fair. I loved the big scenario games which lasted a few days and had hundreds of players. I'm thinking of getting back into it though. Mag fed paintball is becoming the new thing now, and looks very good. You have to make those 30-40 rounds per mag count, rather than spamming 100s.

If you like realism, mil-sim Airsoft is definitely the way to go, I've not done it myself, but it goes to the extent of having to carry food etc with you as well!

Plus the weapons are more accurate ;)

Klaus, it is cheaper . . . Until you start buying kit :P

This is my weapon of choice, as described above, minus the riser rail for the sight after trying it without. Just a link I'm afraid, apparently getting the direct image link is all but impossible on a phone!

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/JCspeedy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps89b68442.jpg.html

Edited by Valdore

I assure you, paintball equipment is just as expensive, if not more!

It's the cost of ammo that makes the difference though!

Been out of it for a while, but with more weekends off and my old starter gun (G&G CM16) sold, I got myself the gun I've wanted for a while:

G36C2.jpg

It's a JG G36C. I'm awaiting the delivery of an EOTech 552 Replica Sight and I am on the lookout for something I can use to mount my LED Lenser P7 to the under-barrel rail.

:)