Buttons199

Looking at getting some gloves that I can wear whilst out on patrol, so they will keep me warm, but also good to wear if searching someone instead of putting on disposable gloves

Any suggestions? 

• Management

Have you actually joined yet pal?

The job will issue some leather gloves to you which are usually slash resistant for safety and you will have access to the disposable surgical type gloves when needed, so there should be no need to buy any through your own expense as such. The leather gloves are fairly good even when searching, but even if you don’t wear them and just have the disposables on, so long as you use the correct procedure when ‘patting’ down for pockets etc. you should be fine

been in for years. The gloves we are given aren't slash proof, and are very uncomfortable 

Our leather slash proof gloves weren't any good for searches, they gave no dexterity or feeling. They did t protect against cold either.

They also leached dye the first time they got wet.

Use disposable gloves for searches. Some scustomers are grotty and you don't want to be sullying a nice pair of gloves on them. Get a dark pair of winter gloves to wear to keep warm. Don't spent a fortune in case they get damaged or lost on a job.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sealskinz