Daily express. Shamed police worker drove her drug dealing boyfriend to drop offs

Member of public 1

The question should be asked, "How and why did she only get a suspended sentence?"

Not knowing the facts of the case I can only assume there would be some issue regarding her caring for children or an elderly relative?  I agree that a spell inside should have been the order of the day for her. If she chose to mix with the criminal elements of society, then she should be doing her porridge! 😡

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave SYP said:

Not knowing the facts of the case I can only assume there would be some issue regarding her caring for children or an elderly relative? 

I never understood this as an argument against incarceration. To me it's a very strong argument in favour; get the children away from the criminal behaviour and influence of the parent. 

I'd like to see someone advocate that a father convicted of s.47 and controlling and coercive behaviour against his wife should be spared a jail sentence because his victim is on her death bed due to unrelated issues and he is the only remaining relative. 

I think female offenders get far too lenient sentences on the basis of their motherhoods, in complete disregard for the negative impact their criminality is having on the children, especially when it involves trafficking drugs!

• Like 2

As she worked in Criminal Records I would have great concern about what else she could have been up to. Sentencing for women has always been extra lenient. Perhaps it is some form of positive descrimination.

• Like 1

I think historically it’s due women’s caring role in the family home. However, I agree with both previous posters, she should be inside.

53 minutes ago, Dave SYP said:

I think historically it’s due women’s caring role in the family home. However, I agree with both previous posters, she should be inside.

Funny how people shout and scream about 'historic injustices' and demand some form of reparation yet never seem to bring up all the privileges they enjoyed during that same time... It's almost as if they don't want equality, but special treatment... How about that eh?

Perhaps consideration was given to the social good, after all, it stopped a potentially dogged up person getting behind the wheel🙈