Police audits

Chaos

So what actually happens in this video? It is 25 minutes long so a quick summary would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Fedster said:

So what actually happens in this video? It is 25 minutes long so a quick summary would be nice.

Blagborough visits yet another nick.

Police response is to give them the attention craved by appearing en-masse, unnecessarily and playing into their hands. 

Police officers not knowing their powers, nor when to back down, commentate for the footage.

Embarrassing video is uploaded on YouTube. 

6 minutes ago, BizzieBee said:

Blagborough visits yet another nick.

Police response is to give them the attention craved by appearing en-masse, unnecessarily and playing into their hands. 

Police officers not knowing their powers, nor when to back down, commentate for the footage.

Embarrassing video is uploaded on YouTube. 

AHH Blagborough! That name sounds familiar I am sure we have had the pleasure of his company on this forum.

More than likely. He’s quite entertaining in person 😄. His videos should be used in training school as a “What not to do...”. 

Police officers tend to always feel that they need to be involved somehow. Or that they have some authority over people taking pictures. Then wonder why videos like this come out. 

If they haven’t learnt yet, I don’t know when they will.  

They quote section 33 Criminal justice act 1972 stating that the private car park belonging to the police station is a public place and thus is was a civil matter to go on the land... Do they have a point... ? 

Can a police officer remove a tresspassor from police premises ? 

What can the police do in these circumstances, should they just acquiesce and allow them to do what they want... A heavier hand or somewhere in the middle...

44 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They quote section 33 Criminal justice act 1972 stating that the private car park belonging to the police station is a public place and thus is was a civil matter to go on the land... Do they have a point... ? 

He is referring to this, his FOI request:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/filming_in_kent_needs_permission

With Kent Police responding:

https://www.kent.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/ph/photography-advice/

48 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Can a police officer remove a tresspassor from police premises ? 

Are they on Police premises? They may be filming them, but are they on them? The private area has gates on them. The car park them end up in has no gates and the signage suggests the cars parked there are for police vehicles only. 

I think you’d be hard pushed for an aggravated trespass here (given you can hear them all saying not to obstruct anyone or get in the way). 

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What can the police do in these circumstances, should they just acquiesce and allow them to do what they want

What they want is attention. Sending 15-20 officers is what they want. Observe any offences. If they are taking pictures, let them take their pictures. It’s rather boring but we all know they’re there for that reaction. Don’t give it to them, they go away. 

The way officers deal with these people is frankly embarrassing. 

NB: Blagborough’s behaviour, demeanour and appearance suggests he is clearly high on something. I’m surprised he wasn’t searched under S23, at least. Not under terrorism offences like that one officer suggested (which, by the way, makes my eyes roll every time an officer goes for that one 🙄). 

Kolee Berks does the rounds, too:

https://m.youtube.com/c/koleeberks/featured

(Equally embarrassing videos of ill-prepared officers en-masse)

...and if you are going to engage (not recommended), be more like this officer:

20 minutes ago, BizzieBee said:

...and if you are going to engage (not recommended), be more like this officer:

Amazing! Enough said ..

These self proclaimed auditors, would these people be covered by Data protection act and GRDP?

Filming vehicles in a private car park I would suspect isn't in the public interest and I would imagin the owner of said vehicle could have that sanatized from the video...

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

These self proclaimed auditors, would these people be covered by Data protection act and GRDP?

Filming vehicles in a private car park I would suspect isn't in the public interest and I would imagin the owner of said vehicle could have that sanatized from the video...

What is the best remedy? Ignore them. 

Do not give them anything to film or put up on YouTube, if all they have is footage of them stood limply outside a police station in the rain that will generate ZERO views, it is worthless to them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Radman said:

What is the best remedy? Ignore them. 

Do not give them anything to film or put up on YouTube, if all they have is footage of them stood limply outside a police station in the rain that will generate ZERO views, it is worthless to them. 

100,000,000,000,000% yes .... ! 

Maybe this is why we are going down the degree route. Thus far, far too many embarrassing videos of egos versus ego 😂😂

I have been filmed multiple times. Never featured .... 

40 minutes ago, BizzieBee said:

100,000,000,000,000% yes .... ! 

Maybe this is why we are going down the degree route. Thus far, far too many embarrassing videos of egos versus ego 😂😂

I have been filmed multiple times. Never featured .... 

I don't have a degree but I do have a few years under my belt now. 

These people aren't worth arguing with or engaging most of the time. I've been filmed a few times, yet to see it on YouTube but as I've said on here numerous times never bluff or threaten something you aren't willing to actually carry out, if you have grounds to arrest for a low level job and resist/obstruction do it... Don't just keep saying you will. 

When my hand has been forced I've done this a fair few times after warnings and repeated requests explaining the legislation, once I gain details and the necessity no longer exists I always de-arrest and report, alot of folk these days think refusal of derails is a valid tactic in beating the system thanks to the Freeman videos circulating the net. Remain polite, understand your powers and try not to escalate, for heavens sake unless you're facing behaviour that really merits it, keep your PPE on your belt, I can't stress this enough the number of times I've just gripped someone and arrested them or removed them from station premesis rather than pulling captor as so many cops do now... Don't get kit happy, be prepared to grip someone it's what the public expects and perception wise it is relatively low level. 

If you have no offences at all and all they're doing is trying to make a nuisance of themselves in hopes of a reaction don't give them any reaction, don't make up law or try to misinterpret legislation (**cough** BoP, Section 5 POA, Section 43 etc) just to gain compliance and garner details, it will not work with these people, they spend all day researching police procedure, legislation and generally do have a decent knowledge compared to the average MOP. 

If they're an obvious auditor leave them be unless they really do something to merit intervention. 

• Like 2

What do you think about using section 50 police reform act to acquire name and address.

Could what they do be framed as anti social ?

Does it matter what the camera man think is anti social, is it not for the officers subjectivity on what is anti social and once they determine the person reaches that threshold then to require name and address.

Alot of officers seem to use the terrorism act when other simpler options are available.

26 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Could what they do be framed as anti social ?

Taking pictures / making videos ? Hardly. 

26 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What do you think about using section 50 police reform act to acquire name and address.

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Alot of officers seem to use the terrorism act when other simpler options are available.

When they’re obviously ‘Auditors’, why try to find legislation that doesn’t fit? Until it’s made illegal, which I don’t think it should, just get on with your day.