Legal ways to repel a home invasion?

ChristopherM

I have a water gun filled with cats ****, and body armour and helmet by my bedside. Also have a number of airsoft flash bangs. All those are legal and should be successful in repelling any home invaders?

1 hour ago, ChristopherM said:

I have a water gun filled with cats ****, and body armour and helmet by my bedside. Also have a number of airsoft flash bangs. All those are legal and should be successful in repelling any home invaders?

What use is your body armour and helmet if you have no offensive capability? 

You can use reasonable force to defend your home. Technically nothing is off the table.

In case they have knives I at least have some protection.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ChristopherM said:

In case they have knives I at least have some protection.

Want to hope they know to play by the rules and only attack your vest and helmet then 😆

No violent encounter is solved by being attacked and waiting it out. 

What is the likelihood tho? 

Edited by Ether

Am I the only one wondering how he trained the cats to pee in the water pistol?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, SD said:

Am I the only one wondering how he trained the cats to pee in the water pistol?

Maybe be milks them 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ChristopherM said:

What car have you got on the drive?

On 10/05/2021 at 18:50, ChristopherM said:

I recommend you book an appointment with the Dr.

• Haha 1

Is this a serious post?

20 minutes ago, Shmook said:

Is this a serious post?

Why are you after some cat pee?

• Haha 1

• Management

I feel strangely compelled to post this and I don't really know why..........

Any advice on a specific area of law is from either currently-serving UK police officers, and is offered to the best of their ability, or from members of the public who are perhaps aspiring to be serving police officers and may not hold the necessary level of knowledge to provide such assistance or by any other member who may offer their opinion. Either way such advice can only be treated as an opinion and nothing more. Members should look for the Verified Members Badge that appears on the posters name as advice from members holding this badge are verified police employees. The information is based on their own individual experiences, expertise and training. It is stressed, however, that if any information or advice found in these forums is used by any person or organisation, then the respective police officer(s) and staff can not and will not take any responsibility for any outcome in any investigation in a criminal or civil enquiry. Any advice or opinion offered is to the best of the individuals knowledge and ability based on the information you have supplied, and we will stress that we will never be knowingly misleading or untruthful in content.

[*]Please note, we do not offer advice or assistance in order to avoid penalties that you have incurred or maybe pending.

[*]Such requests are deemed to be of an Operational nature and against our main Forum Rules.

[*]You should always seek Legal Advice from a Qualified Solicitor in the event of any impending prosecutions or other involved legal matter.

Administration Team Police Community

• Haha 2

• Global Moderators
3 hours ago, Chief Cheetah said:

I feel strangely compelled to post this and I don't really know why..........

Any advice on a specific area of law is from either currently-serving UK police officers, and is offered to the best of their ability, or from members of the public who are perhaps aspiring to be serving police officers and may not hold the necessary level of knowledge to provide such assistance or by any other member who may offer their opinion. Either way such advice can only be treated as an opinion and nothing more. Members should look for the Verified Members Badge that appears on the posters name as advice from members holding this badge are verified police employees. The information is based on their own individual experiences, expertise and training. It is stressed, however, that if any information or advice found in these forums is used by any person or organisation, then the respective police officer(s) and staff can not and will not take any responsibility for any outcome in any investigation in a criminal or civil enquiry. Any advice or opinion offered is to the best of the individuals knowledge and ability based on the information you have supplied, and we will stress that we will never be knowingly misleading or untruthful in content.

[*]Please note, we do not offer advice or assistance in order to avoid penalties that you have incurred or maybe pending.

[*]Such requests are deemed to be of an Operational nature and against our main Forum Rules.

[*]You should always seek Legal Advice from a Qualified Solicitor in the event of any impending prosecutions or other involved legal matter.

Administration Team Police Community

It's funny you say that @Chief Cheetahas just reading the topic name made me think to add the legal disclaimer however noticed you'd beaten me too it. 

Of course you do, isn’t that what everyone has!  Assuming they are accompanied by a tinfoil hat and taped out windows 

apologies but silly posts invite silly responses

All you need is a couple of fire hoses upstairs. Can be used to repel ground attacks from a stronger elevated position and if anyone abseils from the roof you can get them before they can swing through upper floor windows. 
Hoses aren’t illegal. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Reasonable Man said:

All you need is a couple of fire hoses upstairs. Can be used to repel ground attacks from a stronger elevated position and if anyone abseils from the roof you can get them before they can swing through upper floor windows. 
Hoses aren’t illegal. 

What if I train a cat to attack like a dog, but claim I haven’t 🤷🏻‍♂️
Or a pack of cats, like a swarm cat attack 🐈 🐈 

• Haha 1