Daily mail .Cop 'punches Man Utd fan FOUR times on camera': Police drag supporter across road before officer 'repeatedly beats' him on ground during arrest as 200 fans protest outside team's hotel near Old Trafford

Member of public 1

BizzieBee

“before officer 'repeatedly beats' him on ground during arrest”

Alternatively, “officer applies approved strikes during struggle with violent male resisting arrest”. 

Borne from a more truthful version of events, over and above the click-bait headline:

One officer tells onlookers to 'get back' as his colleagues tell the man arrested to 'stop resisting.'  

Good grief. 

• Like 1
Zulu 22

A non story with a dramatic slant put on it. The officer did appear to be striking but the arrested mans head was at the other end. I he was striking anything then it was his legs. Probably done to stop him from kicking the officers. Move on there.

• Like 1

Dear me what a non-story. There are no niceties in the use of force. Move on, release BWV if needs be...Better still tell the impending complainant to better consider their life choices.

• Like 3
Dave SYP

It makes a bigger story than ‘police officer working on protest demonstrations has face slashed and is almost blinded and scarred for life’ ......doesn’t it?  Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, especially if it sells eh? 

• Like 2