Msn news. Exclusive: Sex criminals, drug offenders, fraudsters and arsonists all serving on police forces

Member of public 1

Member of public 1

Police forces are knowingly allowing dozens of people with criminal records for offences including fraud, arson, serious violence, drug offences and even sex crimes to become police officers, The Telegraph can disclose.      https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/exclusive-sex-criminals-drug-offenders-fraudsters-and-arsonists-all-serving-on-police-forces/ar-BB1ghYUN?ocid=msedgdhp 

Indiana Jones

Seems to be about every three months the 'cops with convictions' story gets regurgitated.

Zulu 22

If it is true then I say name them and shame them. My opinion is that they should not be considered unlessm there are really exceptional circumstances.

One that made me wonder was "“The individual concerned declared their conviction, which was committed 30 years ago when they were a juvenile. They received a supervision order for 12 months and £25 fine. They were not placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register".  Had he been then he would have been excluded. The problem I have with that is that the Sex Offenders Register was not in force 30 years ago.

If the report is true then the Police are making a massive problem for themselves. There well could be an "H" out there.

• Like 1
Member of public 1
3 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

If it is true then I say name them and shame them. My opinion is that they should not be considered unlessm there are really exceptional circumstances.

One that made me wonder was "“The individual concerned declared their conviction, which was committed 30 years ago when they were a juvenile. They received a supervision order for 12 months and £25 fine. They were not placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register".  Had he been then he would have been excluded. The problem I have with that is that the Sex Offenders Register was not in force 30 years ago.

If the report is true then the Police are making a massive problem for themselves. There well could be an "H" out there.

If it is true it is no wonder the police are getting bad officers of late.

Zulu 22
14 minutes ago, Member of public 1 said:

A rotten apple will always float to the top of the barrel and will be thrown out. The problem is the damage they do in the process and accepting people with convictions is a complete failure. Some of the advice apparently comes from the COP whose members have done very little, hands on, Policing.

The whole thing brings the 99.9% of honest hard working officers into disrepute and they deserve better from their Forces.

It is strange that if an officer commits any of these offences whilst serving they would be rightfully dismissed and banned from Policing ever.

Edited by Zulu 22
BlueBob
4 hours ago, Member of public 1 said:

As above apart from regurgitating the story, how do you link these particular previous offenders with your reference to “bad officers of today”.   Now I’m only guessing here, but I doubt those historic pre-con officers are the current bad apples in any way.   

Member of public 1
20 hours ago, BlueBob said:

Now I’m only guessing here, but I doubt those historic pre-con officers are the current bad apples in any way.   

Can't answer that question only the police bosses can answer that question? But to be honest there have been some officers  on the carpet committing crime from the metropolitan police and other  forces it is not doing the police service any good and as a member of the public i rely on the trust in the police to be honest and of good character  but the press will print stories and agree it's the right thing to do in my opinion. 

BlueBob
10 minutes ago, Member of public 1 said:

Can't answer that question only the police bosses can answer that question? But to be honest there have been some officers  on the carpet committing crime from the metropolitan police and other  forces it is not doing the police service any good and as a member of the public i rely on the trust in the police to be honest and of good character  but the press will print stories and agree it's the right thing to do in my opinion. 

I can sort of understand that, it’s amazinging how some people read these and simple stop thinking and reflecting!