Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

City of London Police pass out parade 2021


Recommended Posts

Wilts20

YouTube page

I was pleasantly surprised to see swords still being worn by police in the UK. I think it is at Chelsea Barracks.

Well done to all involved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ether
2 hours ago, Wilts20 said:

YouTube page

I was pleasantly surprised to see swords still being worn by police in the UK. I think it is at Chelsea Barracks.

Well done to all involved.

I think we should all carry swords more often

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Jack
11 hours ago, Ether said:

I think we should all carry swords more often

Indeed! People would definitely get back if you drew one! 😂 

Joking aside, drill looked good. No "tick tocking" that I could see. Also the standard party and the two sergeants flanking the saluting stand appeared to be wearing greatcoats. Very smart with the custodian hats. Not something I recall seeing other forces wear.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilts20
18 minutes ago, Father Jack said:

Indeed! People would definitely get back if you drew one! 😂 

Joking aside, drill looked good. No "tick tocking" that I could see. Also the standard party and the two sergeants flanking the saluting stand appeared to be wearing greatcoats. Very smart with the custodian hats. Not something I recall seeing other forces wear.

Quite! I think MPs still get a hook in the commons for their sabre?

Yes, the greatcoats are a nice touch, classic 1920s bobbies really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Blue Tac

Not wanting to nit-pick an excellent show, but the CO's sword drill seemed a bit rushed (unless CoL have their own drill manual).
 

If I remember it right, it goes:

Up! 123... Down! 123... Up! 123... Carry.

Edited by Billy Blue Tac
Link to post
Share on other sites
BizzieBee
On 20/04/2021 at 18:37, Wilts20 said:

Chelsea Barracks

It could be, but ‘too green’. If it’s not, it’s Wellington?

 

7 hours ago, Billy Blue Tac said:

Not wanting to nit-pick

 

7 hours ago, Billy Blue Tac said:

Up! 123... Down! 123... Up! 123... Carry.

Yup. Be best leaving out the “not wanting to nit pick” if you wanted to nit pick 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilts20
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BizzieBee said:

It could be, but ‘too green’. If it’s not, it’s Wellington?

Good call.

Looked like a Guards Band - do the City not have their own?

Edited by Wilts20
Link to post
Share on other sites
BizzieBee
44 minutes ago, Wilts20 said:

Guards Band - do the City not have their own?

That, I have no idea. 

Very impressive marching, I have to say. Usually see snippets from forces and they’re ‘okay’, but this one seems to be very professionally done. Are some of them ex mil recruits? The one with the sword is military, for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Indiana Jones
9 hours ago, BizzieBee said:

It could be, but ‘too green’. If it’s not, it’s Wellington?

😂

Yeah, Wellington Barracks, Birdcage Walk side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Jack
16 hours ago, Wilts20 said:

Good call.

Looked like a Guards Band - do the City not have their own?

Band is Irish Guards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave SYP

I must congratulate the drill sergeants and senior officers for a very well organised spectacle. The newly attested officers and their families must have felt a sense of great pride in this achievement. It is good to see police officers formed up into a well turned out and disciplined parade. We should all be proud of them! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilts20
On 24/04/2021 at 14:26, Dave SYP said:

I must congratulate the drill sergeants and senior officers for a very well organised spectacle. The newly attested officers and their families must have felt a sense of great pride in this achievement. It is good to see police officers formed up into a well turned out and disciplined parade. We should all be proud of them! 

I would like to second that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilts20
On 20/04/2021 at 21:01, Ether said:

I think we should all carry swords more often

The Constabulary Short Sword | Police history | Old Police Cells Museum

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ether
3 hours ago, Wilts20 said:

The Constabulary Short Sword | Police history | Old Police Cells Museum

Who doesn’t need a Sabre when popping out to the shop 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Police Community is a forum that is supported financially through advertisements. It is a breach of our standard use policy to use Adblock plugins/software on our site. 

In order to continue using our site you will need to disable Adblock across our site. Alternatively you can purchase a membership package from our online store to remove adverts as part of the membership subscription. 

https://police.community/remove-adverts/

Thank you for your support.

I have disabled Adblock