RIP H.R.H. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Zulu 22

I had the pleasure of meeting him twice. He was a real gentleman and immediately would put you at ease. I am sure that Her Majesty the Queen will miss is loyal support for so many years.

Although inevitable it is still so sad.  RIP Sir.

• Like 1
  • Zulu 22 + changed the title to RIP H.R.H. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Dave SYP

A life well lived in service. Rest In Peace. 

Radman

He dedicated his life to service and ultimately the public good, may he rest in peace. 

• Like 1
Wilts20

Very sad to hear that, but a life very well lived by all accounts and totally in the service of others (with some banter along the way), so RIP. Cracking chap, my thoughts are on HMQ now.

Lovely photo of a lovely couple:

Engagement picture of Prince Philip and Princess Elizabeth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50589065

Edited by Wilts20
Cje.ex999

RIP, A life lived well in the service of this Country

Wilts20
6 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

I had the pleasure of meeting him twice. He was a real gentleman and immediately would put you at ease. I am sure that Her Majesty the Queen will miss is loyal support for so many years.

Although inevitable it is still so sad.  RIP Sir.

When/where did you meet him? Was it in an official capacity?

Zulu 22
46 minutes ago, Wilts20 said:

When/where did you meet him? Was it in an official capacity?

One was a Royal Visit and the other was a Polo weekend with Prince Charles.

• Like 1
Wilts20

On Saturday, 10th April at 1200, a Death Gun Salute will be fired to mark the death of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Across the United Kingdom, in Gibraltar and on Her Majesty’s Ships at sea, 41 rounds will be fired at one round every minute for 40 minutes. The Gun Salutes will be broadcast online and on television, and members of the public are encouraged to watch from home.

In London, The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery will use the same guns that were fired for Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh’s Wedding in 1947, and at The Queen’s Coronation in 1953.

The tradition of Gun Salutes being fired throughout the country to mark significant national events dates back to at least the eighteenth century, and there are historical records of salutes taking place as early as the 14th century when guns and ammunition began to be adopted more widely. Similar gun salutes were fired to mark the death of Queen Victoria in 1901.

https://www.royal.uk/gun-salutes-0

• Like 1