Evening standard. Dozens of arrests as police are injured in violent protests in central London

Member of public 1

I'm still following the restrictions but must admit it's getting quite difficult and has taken a significant toll mentally. I understand why people are protesting, in a couple of days it will have been a whole year of our lives lost to lockdown. There is only so much you can expect people to take. If the vaccines don't work, or there are new variants that make them ineffective, I think we just need to take our chances with it, can't live like this forever.

13 minutes ago, Equin0x said:

I'm still following the restrictions but must admit it's getting quite difficult and has taken a significant toll mentally. I understand why people are protesting, in a couple of days it will have been a whole year of our lives lost to lockdown. There is only so much you can expect people to take. If the vaccines don't work, or there are new variants that make them ineffective, I think we just need to take our chances with it, can't live like this forever.

I don’t think the mass extinction of humankind is an appropriate price to pay for ‘taking our chances’ because people are struggling. 

Whilst times are hard, they are no harder than humans have been through in previous eras.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Equin0x said:

Had these peoples generations been around between 1939 and 1945 we would all have been speaking German now.

In those, you could hear or see the enemy, but with Covid you cannot see it, hear it, smell it. You can as sure as Hell catch it and die of it.

If you want to take your chances with I can recommend an excellent Undertaker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zulu 22 said:

Had these peoples generations been around between 1939 and 1945 we would all have been speaking German now.

In those, you could hear or see the enemy, but with Covid you cannot see it, hear it, smell it. You can as sure as Hell catch it and die of it.

If you want to take your chances with I can recommend an excellent Undertaker.

Spot on zulu  22 .