Daily mail.Met police officers who were spotted 'flouting' Covid rules by tucking into breakfast INSIDE London café en masse face investigation - despite cracking down harder on public who break rules

Member of public 1

Member of public 1

The Metropolitan Police has launched a probe into officers spotted 'flouting' coronavirus curbs by tucking into breakfast inside a London café. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9129555/A-English-lockdown-Met-Police-probe-officers-spotted-flouting-Covid-curbs-INSIDE-London-caf.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueBob

• Member of public 1

• BizzieBee

• Radman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not going down well with the public , dishing out fines and cops breaking the lockdown rules themselves ,cant have one rule for cops taking the P a little bit.

Why?!  Just why would you do it? 

I know times change, and it's been fifteen years since I retired, but with the closure of canteens, and the fact that Officers still have to Parade on together, travel in vehicles together, deal with

BlueBob

Trying to think how to turn this into a good story🙈

• Sad 1
Member of public 1
1 hour ago, BlueBob said:

Trying to think how to turn this into a good story🙈

Not going down well with the public , dishing out fines and cops breaking the lockdown rules themselves ,cant have one rule for cops taking the P a little bit.

Edited by Member of public 1
add comment
  • Like 2
Radman

Why?! 

Just why would you do it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Member of public 1

UPDATE FROM THE EVENING STANDARD.  group of police officers have been fined £200 each for breaching Covid-19 lockdown rules by eating together in a south London cafe while on duty.  https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-police-officers-break-lockdown-rules-fined-b900407.html

BlueBob

A handy reminder on the do's and don'ts  as well as a swift closure to the story.  

• Like 1
BizzieBee

What on Earth was going through their minds. I mean, how many of them were there and not a brain cell between them? 

ChristopherM

Some commenters on social media have said the police are allowed to eat on a carrier, so why not a cafe? Thoughts?

Billy Blue Tac
44 minutes ago, ChristopherM said:

Some commenters on social media have said the police are allowed to eat on a carrier, so why not a cafe? Thoughts?

Public perception.

BlueBob
1 hour ago, ChristopherM said:

what happens in Vegas .... stays in Vegas.   

I know times change, and it's been fifteen years since I retired, but with the closure of canteens, and the fact that Officers still have to Parade on together, travel in vehicles together, deal with incidents together, is it too much for the General Public to realise that Officers are already putting their health in jeopardy, what difference does 20 minutes in a cafe make... The fact that the Media enjoys stirring up the Police haters at times like this, and the Bosses break into a sweat and side with the snowflakes instead of supporting their Officers doesnt bode well for the future. 

• Like 2
BizzieBee
On 23/01/2021 at 02:28, cadiar said:

what difference does 20 minutes in a cafe make

Legislation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Jeebs
19 hours ago, BizzieBee said:

Legislation. 

What are you going to do then? Stand at the door to the briefing room and hand out covid tickets to officers as they leave it?

Cuddles

I have to say, yes, we work in close proximity all the time as it's an unavoidable part of the job, but they must be incredibly naive if they didn't expect someone to make an issue of it. People can't wait to see cops put a foot wrong.

• Like 2
BizzieBee
5 hours ago, Jeebs said:

What are you going to do then? Stand at the door to the briefing room and hand out covid tickets to officers as they leave it?

No. Because that’s not the Legislation.

[EDIT]: For the record, I have not and will not issue a ‘Covid ticket’ to anyone.  

Edited by BizzieBee
Additional text for clarification.