High Wycombe Police Station YouTube video showing police officer 'swearing at man' goes viral

Fedster

A shocking video which appears to show a police officer telling a YouTuber who was filming High Wycombe police station to show his ID or “f*** off” before handcuffing him is being investigated.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/18909839.high-wycombe-police-station-youtube-video-showing-police-officer-swearing-man-goes-viral/

Shorter video in link, longer video below

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SD

• Ether

• Radman

• Fedster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said filming should be banned and explained why. You said that was unfair to the public and I said it would only affect the sad pathetic people who do the filming. You then start discussing att

Playing right into the hands of these people.   

They do and that is why these sorts of folk are doing these 'audits' - the idea behind this as with many things infecting our society is an import from the United States. They know that most cops will

Gross Misconduct and fast track to being fired. That was pure thuggery and there simply isn't an excuse.

Zulu 22
13 minutes ago, Radman said:

Playing right into the hands of these people. 

You certainly have to wonder what their motives are. As for swearing almost every sentence of the, so called journalist, contained the "F" word.  Do these people realise the potential danger of terrorism in these times. 

Radman
19 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

You certainly have to wonder what their motives are. As for swearing almost every sentence of the, so called journalist, contained the "F" word.  Do these people realise the potential danger of terrorism in these times. 

They do and that is why these sorts of folk are doing these 'audits' - the idea behind this as with many things infecting our society is an import from the United States. They know that most cops will challenge them, that they can generally generate an artificial encounter to get something to upload, they want precisely this type of reaction from cops so they can upload your face all over YouTube, kick up a media storm and likely have some cause to take civil action against you. 

Part of me believes there needs to be some legislation brought into place to protect police stations, police staff and other sensitive sites from being maliciously filmed by people with intentions to cause a scene or intimidate staff and officers by putting their faces and personal vehicles online for people to see, until this happens there isn't much you can do about it as a Bobby and I suggest anyone encountering these types of auditors needs to just grin and bear it for the time being until our Federation and senior management get their acts together. 

We had one of these 'auditors' knock on the office door a few months back, camera in hand filming when we answered - now his grudge is with the local police not with ourselves so he was fairly easy to manage, we had a polite five minute chat with him, gave him some BTP related facts and directed him towards the website, he was happy with this. I get the impression lots of these auditors are socially isolated people, they don't have jobs and many seem to have unhealthy fixations with the police. 

• Like 1
Ether
8 minutes ago, Radman said:

They do and that is why these sorts of folk are doing these 'audits' - the idea behind this as with many things infecting our society is an import from the United States. They know that most cops will challenge them, that they can generally generate an artificial encounter to get something to upload, they want precisely this type of reaction from cops so they can upload your face all over YouTube, kick up a media storm and likely have some cause to take civil action against you. 

Part of me believes there needs to be some legislation brought into place to protect police stations, police staff and other sensitive sites from being maliciously filmed by people with intentions to cause a scene or intimidate staff and officers by putting their faces and personal vehicles online for people to see, until this happens there isn't much you can do about it as a Bobby and I suggest anyone encountering these types of auditors needs to just grin and bear it for the time being until our Federation and senior management get their acts together. 

We had one of these 'auditors' knock on the office door a few months back, camera in hand filming when we answered - now his grudge is with the local police not with ourselves so he was fairly easy to manage, we had a polite five minute chat with him, gave him some BTP related facts and directed him towards the website, he was happy with this. I get the impression lots of these auditors are socially isolated people, they don't have jobs and many seem to have unhealthy fixations with the police. 

What’s sensitive about a police station? I think you may be hyper inflating their importance, it hardly contains national secrets and even if it did they wouldn’t be on show. 

Even military units can be filmed from a public place, so a police station isn’t going to be a sensitive issue. 

I think what’s needed is better training and a more pragmatic approach, we can’t just assume everyone is a terrorist in the making. 

Edited by Ether
Radman
9 minutes ago, Ether said:

What’s sensitive about a police station? I think you may be hyper inflating their importance, it hardly contains national secrets and even if it did they wouldn’t be on show. 

Even military units can be filmed from a public place, so a police station isn’t going to be a sensitive issue. 

I think what’s needed is better training and a more pragmatic approach, we can’t just assume everyone is a terrorist in the making. 

It's more about the people within them than national secrets, cops involved in certain types of investigations etc. 

Whether any piece of legislation could be drafted to cover it or not I will agree with you that better training needs to implemented but then again what training do you need to implement to be polite to folk? Even folk you might not like or agree with, just be civil to them. 

Edited by Radman
  • Thanks 1
Father Jack

Most concerns around filming or photographing near Defence or CNI sights are likely due to hostile reconnaissance. Many sites do have "no photography" signs on the fence. As we all know these are legally meaningless. I'm guessing most concerns regarding filming or photography around Police Stations, are due to the sheer nuisance value, and the likelihood of officers ending up on YouTube. Rather than legitimate hostile reconnaissance.

There definitely needs to be better training for dealing with photographers and "auditors". Not just Police Officers, but civilian security and military personnel, who are likely to come into contact with them. 

I'm personally not certain that a general ban on filming is the answer. However, I think there could be local bylaws covering the surrounding area of specific sites where there is a genuine and legitimate necessity to restrict filming or photography.

Very silly and naive. He’s been waiting all day for someone to bite.

What happened to having a conversation with the public, which this person - like it or not - is.

Hello son, are you filming the station?

Yeah, Bruv! I’m doing an audit?

Oh right, what are you auditing?

The Police Bruv

Oh right do you work for the HMIC?

My YouTube massive.

Sorry mate, what’s your name?

Now he’ll probably give you it

Ok son, well I’m busy so I’ll leave you to it, can you just be mindful that you may get asked questions by other officers coming and going as we’re professionally curious individuals. If you need anything for your audit, try ringing 101 or popping and asking at the station. I’ll see you later.

Recording stopped. Not uploaded comms updated and intel submitted. Job safe.

ChristopherM

Bit of deja vu, didnt all this explode a decade ago with photographers being arrested under the anti-terrorism act. I thought lots of lessons were learned but obviously not.

I don't think there's an issue filming uniformed officers going about their work.

You can film in public, and film anything you can see from a public place with only a few exceptions.  If you're on private property the landowner or their representative can require you stop filming or leave.   It really is that simple so struggle to work out why people get it wrong.  I know a few cops recently that have had meetings with these people.  One of our local ones is actually not an issue, she's actually fairly polite. One of the reg Sgts dealt with her at our station, and he just had a nice chat and that was it.  Another of the local ones is outright rude, aggressive and pretty awful to deal with.  I've not had the "pleasure" yet, but considering how active he is I likely will at some point.

On 04/12/2020 at 15:22, ChristopherM said:

Bit of deja vu, didnt all this explode a decade ago with photographers being arrested under the anti-terrorism act. I thought lots of lessons were learned but obviously not.

I don't think there's an issue filming uniformed officers going about their work.

But filming and publishing footage of cops in their personal cars is and that's what many do. Having worked at a station where OCG cloned the personal plates of cops then used them in crime I can say it really is an issue. Also for £4 you can get the address of a cars keeper you see on the internet so I'd prefer it if they didn't stick footage on YouTube

Ether
32 minutes ago, SD said:

But filming and publishing footage of cops in their personal cars is and that's what many do. Having worked at a station where OCG cloned the personal plates of cops then used them in crime I can say it really is an issue. Also for £4 you can get the address of a cars keeper you see on the internet so I'd prefer it if they didn't stick footage on YouTube

What you Prefer should hardly impact the freedoM of all citizens 

1 hour ago, Ether said:

What you Prefer should hardly impact the freedoM of all citizens 

All citizens, really? Or more likely a handful of loaners who like winding up the police whilst putting them at risk. 

Ether
3 minutes ago, SD said:

All citizens, really? Or more likely a handful of loaners who like winding up the police whilst putting them at risk. 

Yeah how are you going to distinguish that? 

Officers should be able to manage those interactions professionally, or you need to ask what standard of person you are employing and the type of training provided